The Crapto Thread

Nobody knows who Satoshi is unless Craig Wright turns out not to be the con man I think he is. There is a good chance the real Satoshi is sitting on his yacht somewhere because him not moving the first coins that can easily be traced to him doesn’t mean he didn’t make a fortune with coins mined later when it was easy to do it anonymously.

Who could have seen this coming!

I’m guessing that is pure bs. They probably raked in millions from the NFT sales and now that game isn’t doing well, have decided to rug pull and keep all the money rather than continue to develop game.

Doubt they care no one is playing game, just that there are no secondary sales to generate more fees.

Who are they and what is the game?

The whole idea seemed bananas to me. Game design is a serious, mature business, you need something really compelling these days to make a hit indie game. Crypto dudes trying to shoehorn a game into a crpto platform and expecting it to take off seems like an absurd longshot.

I think you’d be much better off going to Blizzard and try to pitch a way to shoehorn crypto into an existing online game economy rather than come up with a hit online game from scratch.

2 Likes

NFTs as in game items in Blizzard games (some rare Diablo / WoW equipment) and EA Ultimate team (ultra rare player cards) already exist without the NFT part. The gold rush of people paying 6 figures for 5 lines of text (Loot) or the staking / farming 8 bit stuff is just pure nonsense.

Some guesses in the replies.

https://twitter.com/coinfessions/status/1550722384369434624?s=21&t=dxudj-YHvJQM2Tj8rzblbw

3 Likes

Completely off topic, but saw this in the replies. Great game, probably translates very well to a mobile platform.

https://twitter.com/dukope/status/1550895020861181952?s=20&t=HNZC8GBBlknhoHoqrmCz_Q

Now THAT is an appropriate and reasonable design for a logo incorporating an eagle with flat-topped wings!

1 Like

:vince3:

Er, the whole point of the game is you work for a fictional Eastern European dictatorship. It’s supposed to look fascist.

“the small African nation of Uruguay” is a good hideout place if you can reach it.

8 Likes

That’s what I meant! Good for fictional fascists, bad for elementary schools.

2 Likes

:leolol:

2 Likes

Screenshot from 2022-07-25 00-39-39

Everyday I check the price…bad price!

3 Likes

“Small African nation of Uruguay”

Story checks out

It’s almost like this was intentional.

2 Likes
3 Likes