The Crapto Thread

When did SBF become a model?

When the sketch artist found that 2 bitcoins mysteriously appeared in his account.

6 Likes

Holy fuck I gotta steal some Bitcoin and get caught so I can get shredded in prison. 3 months off his Vegan diet and nothing to do but burpees all day and this is what he looks like!

Headline courtesy of WSJ

They’re fodder for cartoonists now??

2 Likes

14 Likes

Just realized Caroline Ellison looks kind of like an amalgamation of Mitch McConnell and Lauren Boebert

3 Likes

lol

In that first drawing she looks like a christmas candle after 30 seconds in a microwave

5 Likes

https://money.usnews.com/investing/news/articles/2023-11-01/safemoon-executives-charged-in-us-with-fraud-related-to-crypto-token

Created in March 2021 with the minting of 1 quadrillion tokens, SafeMoon allegedly lied by promising investors that their money was “locked” safely in pools to help bolster the token’s liquidity, and could not be withdrawn by anyone.

According to court papers, SafeMoon also promised investors that the token’s features would “drive the price to stratospheric all-time highs” and “Safely to the Moon.”

That didn’t happen, investigators said, as investors suffered significant losses after learning that the pool was not locked, while the defendants withdrew money to buy McLaren and Porsche sports cars, expensive travel and luxury homes.

2 Likes

shocked pikachu face

2 Likes

:vince3:

7 Likes

2nd

1 Like

[deleted fake tweet]

3 Likes

I think that’s fake, unless he deleted the tweet.

2 Likes

“from Earth” … yeah im gonna say its fake

1 Like

I enjoyed this exchange on HackerNews. Sam Bankman-Fried Convicted | Hacker News

4 Likes

Mark Levine has had some amusing columns on the possibility that FTX ends up with positive assets.

1 Like

A lot of people are thinking he might get a lighter sentence, but you must consider that he has a ton of Bayesian priors.

4 Likes

I wonder about his law prof parents, because if he were my kid once it was like a $10M company I would have been like, “Ok, business seems to be going great. Just don’t commingle funds. Whatever happens, don’t commingle funds.”

If there is one thing that’s emphasized in legal ethics it’s “don’t commingle funds.” (I would guess that a majority of disbarments are for commingling.)

1 Like

In reality, his father was writing out emails demanding 80k/month for basically nothing

3 Likes