The Crapto Thread

Always seemed like Tswizzle had good people around her.

Shaq will promote anything for a dollar and Brady is a full on grifter, so neither of them not doing due diligence is not surprising. (Sorry for that last sentence)

1 Like

lol man this is the truth, he even admits as much I’m pretty sure in his mini-series about himself

Genius TayTay

Imagine the pump though

1 Like

I mean my respect for her is already sky high but has it really cost Matt Damon or Larry David or Shaq any reputation or anything though? They’re apparently not in any legal risk for promoting these unregistered securities. The true genius move seems to be to know it’s a scam and make sure you get your 100 milli in fiat.

Shaq/curry/brady/Kim K/Larry David were all worth well over $500M before shilling these scam companies. I always laugh when people suggest that we should elect more rich people to congress because they will be less susceptible to bribes. the limit that human greed can reach when it comes to money is almost endless.

6 Likes

Larry David was the true genius, get paid to promote FTX while telling everybody it was a scam at the same time.

6 Likes

I was told recently that Glenn Greenwald would never take money from Russia because he already has a lot of money. o_O :p

1 Like

That article has a little more about Shaq dodging being served papers:

The case targeting FTX celebrity promoters had been stalled for months as the firm struggled to serve O’Neal with official notice that he was being sued. It took three months and process servers in several states to track him down, despite the fact that O’Neal is a fixture on “The NBA on TNT” and is a touring DJ.

“The largest man on the planet, we can’t serve,” Moskowitz said. “In my 35 years of doing class action work, I’ve never had this issue before.”

Moskowitz went as far as to send a complaint to the sheriff’s office where O’Neal is a sheriff’s deputy in Central Florida in an attempt to serve him. The office allegedly cashed Moskowitz’s $50 check but did not serve O’Neal.

“They cashed our $50 and they said, ‘Sorry, we haven’t been able to serve him,’” Moskowitz said. O’Neal didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment

1 Like

cops stole the $50 lmao classic

4 Likes

John Oliver on crypto:

1 Like

aborry-stab

You were also told recently to buy bitcorns at 16ish thousand US dollars so maybe simmer that smarminess all the way down there tiger.

I would like to hear from whoever made the best bets (or at least reasonably profitable bets) on unregistered securities.

I frankly don’t care to hear from anyone else on the topic of said securities.

https://twitter.com/JosephPolitano/status/1653785501881577475?s=20

1 Like

tbh this is terrible for bitcoin

1 Like

I’m currently reading Tracers in the Dark, which tells the story of law enforcement using increasingly sophisticated tools to track crypto flows, and using that information to prosecute people.

https://www.amazon.com/Tracers-Dark-Global-Crime-Cryptocurrency/dp/0385548095

Turns out that having a permanent, public record of their currency transactions might not great for criminals.

inb4 “Well actually, Hamas are dumbasses for not configuring their wallets properly”

4 Likes

Their concerns are about the fact the blockchain is a permanent ledger of transactions. Which as has been discussed here a few times is a lot worse for criminals than large bags of cash. It has nothing to do with wallet configuration.

https://twitter.com/tittyrespecter/status/1653837119461138441

7 Likes