The Crapto Thread

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1604537226829991945

1 Like

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-12-18/stock-market-outlook-shows-little-optimism-for-recovery

4 Likes

Hey, stop ruining his game with mere fact.

Lol at brutal year, the dow jones is 9% away from ATHs of a 14 year bull run - how distorted we got.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Look bucko, you need to sort yourself out and get your life together! And a good place to start is by using “invites the question” whenever you want to say “begs the question.”

1 Like
1 Like
Price of Bitcoin dec 31 2023
  • <7000
  • 7000-17000
  • 17000-34000
  • 34000>

0 voters

I thought you were paraphrasing, so for a second I thought I agreed with JP. Then I watched the vid. I would grudgingly respect the radical skepticism if he ever applied it to his own musings.

I’m not a big fan of postmodern queer hermeneutics or whatever in academia, but I’m surprised there isn’t more of a “game recognizes game” dynamic between JP and such folks. Maybe his next incarnation will be coauthoring with Cornell West or Judith Butler.

Oh, no, I was making fun of him for incorrectly using “begs the question”. I shut off the youtube after he made that mistake and then spent the next ten minutes carefully crafting the above post.

3 Likes

I think it’s outrageous Peterson blindly assumes we all have a common understanding of the word “in”.

4 Likes

But not carefully enough…

Should read “get your bloody life in order!”

1 Like

Like almost every other word, “in” has a broad spectrum of meanings without sharp delineation or boundaries ultimately grounded in/on the metaphorical extension of the physical experience of a container containing objects.

The truth condition of whether something is “in” or not “in” is the informed assessment of fluent speakers of the relevant language community. There is no universal form of the “in” or metaphysical “in-ness.” To be “in” or not “in” is based ultimately on the judgement of those in the know.

1 Like

The ‘begs the question’ ship sailed eons ago.

“Begging the question” only has itself to blame for being an unintelligible and confusing way of saying “assuming the conclusion”.

8 Likes

:vince4:

1 Like

Who renamed the thread?
This is the crapto thread.
Fuck off and resign.

2 Likes

Seriously. “The Crapto Thread.” It’s cleaner.