The C-Word

No idea what my post has to do with Boris Johnson.

He is an example of how the word is likely to be used in the UK threads.

On the streets and in some homes of the UK too.

But not, apparently, in Unstuck’s politics threads.

Meanwhile, in a parallel universe the word “douche” is widely used by those condemning c*** despite obvious problems.

2 Likes

But at least some have described it being directed at friends, which is what Clovis must have picked up on, while missing that it’s also used to describe raging douchebags like Boris.

Maybe read my whole post instead of snapping to a knee jerk smartass response of “stopped reading” and you will note this is exactly the point I am making. I’m also defending your use of the word.

1 Like

Yes, I was making that point - the complexity of its use (while obvious to people here) will go over the heads of people abroad.

Did you ninja edit your first response to Clovis? If not, I missed part of your sentence on first read.

Ok, the rest of your post is good despite missing something rather important. Sorry for not acknowledging that.

1 Like

I’m a habitual ninja editor and I know it creates problems sometimes, like this. It often/usually takes me two or three goes to get it right. For some reason I need to see it on the “page” before seeing what needs to be removed/amended/added.

Edit. I think maybe it comes from running a Mac DTP (remember that?) team for a few years.

See? I did it again.

1 Like

Yeah I do the same. And I wouldn’t have replied as it wouldn’t have been necessary had I seen the fully edited post.

1 Like

Well I mean we’re a nation of immigrants so we’re all mongrels.

From body shape and hair colour people have often thought I was Scandi and my mum’s side were Hugenots who were probably sort of the opposite I think.

LOOOL

Unfortunately not.

The ancient Britons were generally very dark skinned and shorter so this new look I’m sporting must have come from elsewhere (not the Romans obv).

That’s across the Mersey, isn’t it? Is that the posh part of Merseyside, hence the school? idk much about the area - only went once to visit a client at the HSE in Bootle and, er…

1 Like

Fucking hell. Yet people are getting famous for doing fuck all significant on the toobz.

Someone should make a film of his life.

1 Like

This is some pretty condescending mansplaining.

1 Like

The last time I heard someone say the bolded they were standing in the shadow of a burning cross.

2 Likes

It never ceases to amaze me that on a board where being a centrist dem or being only slightly to the left of Nancy Pelosi makes you a shitlib, we have such a large contingent of people just totally leaning into the core far-right “it’s my culture fuck your feelings” arguments of the Republican Party to justify doing something that offends people.

No dude, I’m making the point that you’re trying to decide things based on zero understanding of what it is you’re talking about, and evidence for that is your lack of experience of different foreign cultures.

Also, tell me again how Lapka is wrong because she’s just a dumb American and doesn’t understand other cultures. The truth is she’s wrong because she’s a woman, amirite?

It is clear to me that neither side really cares much about the word (which is good), but that what they really enjoy is this particular style of quasi-intellectual and self-righteous arguing that has become the pervasive style on message forums like this.

If it wasn’t over the c-word it would (and is) over other stuff.

The reality is for a bunch of folks, they just sort of get off on the fun/sport/dopamine hits. This is their hobby, and that isn’t going to change.

5 Likes

She does claim to know that the word offends her. You are, unsurprisingly, mansplaining to her why it should not offend her.