The C-Word

■■■■■■
■■■■■■

Clbuttic.

Cnut the Great

@jmakin Looks like you also need to add the plural version to the filter.

What shitty software. Honestly. It can’t bleep a substring? really? A fucking substring?

1 Like

Dolphins are aquatic untoward mammals

1 Like

Fixed the issue.

■■■■■■

■■■■■■■■■■

Not really - you’re filtering the whole string now. That said “S*unthorpe”

2 Likes

Yes, this was intentional. I put a wildcard before and after the word. So words like “crag" and "thunderc” won’t slip through.

I do not see any other way to do this right now. I will troubleshoot it.

Can you put in a regex?

Yes, probably, but I’m working at the moment - I will troubleshoot it.

What if you’re from ■■■■■■■■■■■

S c u n t h o r p e

If anyone wants to supply a regex, go for it, I’m terrible at regex. But this will have to do for now.

Let’s just give up on this and get back to a spot of good old fashioned Norse abuse.

A day late and a dollar short.

Fun story, years ago, I was tasked with “cleaning up” the profanity in a sales database when we were migrating from our old legacy system to a shiny new system, in the interests of the company becoming a little more professional. It was a fun little exercise - I got to make lists of lots of swearwords, and then try and do global search and replaces on the comments that removed just enough but not too much.

Amongst other things, I discovered that the sales guys were fond of “mis-typing” “account” as “acoc*nt” in every other comment. I also found a comment that a sales guy had entered into the system about a coke-fuelled foursome that he and one of the other guys had with someone from the same area as the customer. The comment started “Oh, Melissa, I see you’re from [wherever], last time Nicky and I were in that neck of the woods…” and proceeded to describe in graphic detail the event in question.

I was in my mid-twenties and this company was the epitome of a place run by “wide boys”. The UK’ers will know what that means.

1 Like

I’m terrible too. Goofy should be decent at regex, he works with the low level stuff like assembly and C++ and shit.

If we had a testing site, and I didn’t have to push changes live - yea, this kind of thing would probably not happen.

In my real job I am known to be error prone. Woops.

I worked for a PM once whose previous project for a different company was a desktop application that required data from a floppy (I know, I know). The lead dev did a demo of it to the company MD, and asked him to test it (obviously they hadn’t heard of UAT).

He ran the application, and responded to the request for the name of the floppy drive with an invalid letter to test it. The message “Enter D or E you c u n t” appeared.

2 Likes

Just give the man a regex that works, then!