The C-Word

It isn’t used today, so your post is irrelevant.

You’re just being dense and we are unlikely to agree on this so good bye.

1 Like

You (23 days late): ‘foreigners’ are so happy to tell us that right wing trash should be able to call people ‘f*gs’

Me: Most ‘foreigners’ haven’t used that for decades

You: I didn’t know that

Me: So stop making things up?

You: Its usage today has changed

Me: I’ve just told you it’s not used today

You: Boohooo I’m going :cry:

Me: I can see why the thread title attracted you

3 Likes

Jal, you already had the last word. Or is this me getting the last word? How about one more post from you or d2_e4 and then we can let this go before it becomes 200 posts in About Moderation?

eta: Doing it this way so hopefully it doesn’t count as me getting the last word, but I wasn’t contemplating locking it, just hoping it dies of natural causes.

I’m good, but thanks for the offer. Lock it up.

1 Like

Me having the last word would have been him disappearing quietly without a parting shot.

Lock it before he comes back in another 23 days.

3 Likes

How do I set something up to change certain words to ■■■■■

3 Likes

Time for some to get the smelling salts out.

2 Likes

Replace Text On Webpages for Greasemonkey

1 Like

I never voted on allowing a group to censor out a word.

C word enthusiasts will have to go The Wire season 5 Spiros style and start posting images with the c word in them to avoid the filter

I say ban because it’s an ugly word used almost exclusively by terrible posters and I don’t want to lose @Will1530.

“And yet he hadn’t sense enough to take on a rich ■■■■ and get himself a change of underwear”

Henry Miller
Tropic Of Cancer

1 Like

it isn’t censoring, it’s filtering. And since the user requested this feature, I don’t think it can really accurately be called “censoring.”

Mark Twain wrote the n-word in Huckleberry Finn. Guess it’s fine for me to use in casual conversation!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure if you run a poll about use of the n word here approximately 0% want to see it, whereas ■■■■ has a rich literary history as my quote showed.

“The sunken grey ■■■■ of the world”
Joyce (about the sky).

It’s just a pity you don’t extend your empathy for women’s feelings about a word to the disabled who might object to the sp*zz word.

It seems, in fact, that your concern about sp-z does not go nearly as far as mine about the c-word, as you haven’t even bothered to start a discussion or poll about it.

ldo because Yanks are in a huge majority here and seem not to be offended by its use.

Odd, that.

I bet you’d find a lot more introspection than you expect, and a lot less tribal rallying around an insistence on using offensive terminology.

1 Like

Back to this again.

You finding a word unacceptable because in your culture it pertains only to womanhood does not mean that others should find it unacceptable if in their culture it doesn’t pertain only to womanhood but as a swear word.

I reject your assumption of cultural hegemony.

1 Like