Being a mod or admin is intolerable, and this community is at a high risk of dying

lol what are you guys doing

3 Likes

Can we count on your resignation errr leadership in these trying times? Ask not wat errrr

3 Likes

Appreciate you acknowledging that you think the gig is permanent.

3 Likes

Just reading this thread should make it obvious why. Like 75% of the people have no actual clue about the details of what happened last week, but reflexively take the side of the mods.

2 Likes

There is literally zero way to argue against this post in good faith, as the kids like to say.

That’s not what happened at all. For some reason, RegretS bumped a dormant thread. Some people couldn’t let things go and needed to rehash old arguments. As of now, there are over 1000 posts in the C-word thread after this post.

That was the first time a mod stepped into the most recent spat. Skydiver was justifiably annoyed that it was happening again.

Let’s be clear about what she threatened.

She threatened to ban a user for using a word in a context that a member of the community flagged as being used in a bad context. She didn’t threaten to ban anyone for using the word in an unflagged post. And she threatened to ban posters who cause drama over this tired debate, even if they don’t use that word.

3 Likes

Isn’t that evidence that the mods, you know, are doing a good job?

2 Likes

I thought you wanted to step down as mod? How long do you want to be mod for?

3 Likes

Trolling obv

This is the perfect opportunity to stir shit up for trolls. I mean it’s damn near leading to the destruction of the forum. If I was a troll, I’d be celebrating if my handiwork led to a community falling apart.

in-so ain’t posting but he and luck-box are loving this shit

I think we’ll survive with a couple different people splitting out derails and the less than one ban a month we average.

3 Likes

Why on earth do you think you’re a hero who’s discovered some sinister conspiracy of the moderators to have to put up with the complaints of internet toddlers from now to eternity? We were installed by community vote to indefinite terms. It’s always been that.

1 Like

gtfo with this. More than one person in this thread had the same impression that mods jobs should be temporary.

If you don’t think having term limits on mods is a good idea, then make your argument. In the meanwhile I’ll make mine.

We didn’t decide it was temporary but we also didn’t decide that it would be a lifetime appointment.

3 Likes

And it’s shown to be a problem. Thanks again for making your position clear

1 Like

ROFL. That you have a hate boner for it is not the same this being widely acknowledged.

I’m kinda shocked that mods don’t actively want to be relieved of their position when new respected volunteers step up (especially after significant time in the position).

This is truly fascinating human psychology to me

4 Likes

Lol you at blathering on about what has and has not been acknowledged

I’ve literally no interest in the shit slinging but Keeed and PocketChads would both be good mods imo.

Reckon they should be given a go.

4 Likes

I’d vote for both of them.

2 Likes

As someone who was a mod in SE on 22 for years, I never want that job on any Internet forum again. It’s so much more fun just being a regular poster. Anyone who wants to volunteer their time to do the job and isn’t taking it on as a way to exert power over the forum will probably do a good job.

To all of UP

12 Likes