The Battle For Female Bodily Autonomy: The Right's War on Women

She’s good.

Meanwhile, in Ohio:

https://twitter.com/nanwhaley/status/1546884213185646594?s=20&t=FnxKtBtt1Hei597UDtejIg

https://twitter.com/nanwhaley/status/1546884213185646594?s=20&t=FnxKtBtt1Hei597UDtejIg

Well, looks like that Ohio exception for cases where the mother’s life is at risk is working great!

I wonder how much longer Indiana is even going to be an option.

Working as intended.

I’m not sure everyone was clear on that.

I knew Hawley was ignorant, but I didn’t realize quite how ignorant

transgender men and transmasculine people can get pregnant. In fact, they get pregnant at rates similar to people who identify as women and have more planned pregnancies than cis women

Given the rapidly increased trans identification this looks like it will become a major civil rights issue over the next few cycles. Pete should be positioned well to make the case to the broader American public.

I think this notion that information deficiency or lack of education (or mental illness or disability) is the only available explanation of conservatism operates as a kind of “”“shadow policy”"" at this point. In other words, the n on consecutive counterexamples has at this point gotten so large that it reads as a kind of coordinated response: this is the “liberal-conservative coalition” (nevermind the incoherence), the eDems tactically cucking themselves in such a way as to yield gridlock at the federal level, which is really the ultimate expression and consequence of the Third Way™ and its failures.

In my best Ziz voice: there’s a clear ideological dimension at work here: Political figures (like Pelosi) are effectively small-scale capital managers and feudal underlings, an arrangement that has tended mostly to facilitate Trumpism, which, as it tilts further toward overt fascism, is much more ideologically focused, coordinated, and brutal.

1 Like

Obama beat Romney amongst college-degree holders by two points (50-48).

Even Hillary only beat Trump by nine points (52-43) in this cohort.

Gonna be honest. This article is the first time I’ve seen or heard the word transmasculine.

If it’s the first time for me, who knows how far behind the rest of America (hell the world) is.

2 Likes

Fair enough.

Trans issues will be a major focal point of national elections moving forward if for no other reason than the virulent right will make it their business to prey on the public’s ignorance.

https://twitter.com/anthonymkreis/status/1547370727699087366?s=21&t=-oHPI6QSZYm_T9q4CT7NBw

(You generally don’t have to report something already reported)

They also show this woman’s face and out her, essentially put out a fatwa

Suck me sideways Todd, you absolute garbage pile of a human

https://mobile.twitter.com/IronMik22884225/status/1547373547978473474

Read my post

I wasn’t aware it had been reported, and not sure about the reporting laws in those specific states.

What if any guidance were you given about what level of confidence you need to have that a report was already made? Like, if one parent brought the girl in and says “oh, a doctor in Ohio already reported it” is that enough, or is there some follow up with the other doctor to confirm?

Depends how stingy you want to be. Usually a case number is enough. You can call and confirm if you want. However, the first fucking thing pd is going to do when you call them with a case like this is they’ll ask you where the crime was committed. They will immediately nope the fuck out if it wasn’t their jurisdiction

1 Like

You didn’t put together how someone was arrested for it? Ffs think about it for the slightest amount of time

That makes sense. Seems like the mandatory reporting issues could get sticky if people have to start traveling across state lines more frequently in order to receive abortions. Doctors in red states possibly ratting out their patients, police in more liberal areas getting reports that they can’t/won’t really investigate b/c of jurisdictional constraints, etc. Ugh.

I didn’t read the article. Do you know the reporting laws in that state?