The 2020 Republican National Convention: There will be blood. And soil.

I never heard of Jack Brewer and I bet I knew half the NFL rosters at the time he played.

he also insisted trump was the first black president so yeah…

Undrafted, primarily played on special teams.

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1298799358452826114

3 Likes

I bet Trump has a killer Chen Guangcheng impersonation that he breaks out in private.

Lee Zelden’s congressional district is on eastern Long Island and includes the Hamptons.

yeah the guy who pissed off the chinese to stop buying crops is the most pro farm guy ever

jfc

I just find so many of these speakers unremarkable and unworthy of comment.

Burgess Owens is challenging Democratic incumbent Ben McAdams in the district around SLC.

what’s with all these people connected to the Jets, well that’s encouraging they do typically lose in november

1 Like

You don’t have to think too hard to find the punchline of ‘because they suck’.

On side benefit of Trump being so lousy is that the same few themes get hit repeatedly. Did you hear about low unemployment during Trump’s term?

I’ve never actually listened to Lara Trump speak before.

Damn Ms. B was a bad teacher

“Secretary of the United Nations”

Not watching, so not sure exactly who is on, but one of the team owners is currently serving as the US Ambassador to the UK, so I imagine there are probably some history between those folks and Trump, and also that they’ve cut big checks to both the Trump Campaign and the RNC

It’s not. The message is visceral. They are coming to destroy the people you depend on for protection. They will replace them with people who will then destroy YOU.

There is zero disconnect with also saying Biden is a lock 'em up racist if the people you’re speaking to are primarily white men–not exactly people worried about being victims of what they’re accusing Biden of.

(I am aware I am nitting up the point. I love Matt Yglesias <3)

1 Like

They should tape these things at night to craft the illusion that these segments are live.

They’ve been flipping between demographics. For black speakers he’s a lock them up president and for the others he’s a radical leftist who will handcuff the police

1 Like

trying to imagine claiming you are a civil rights leader and also blatantly being a sell out

I’m out. Can’t take anymore. Going to watch season 2 of Fargo and practice my northern accent.

2 Likes