The 2020 Election: Delaying the Inevitable

I have never ever seen one of my BILs post politics on FB. This morning he made a huge long post about how Biden is the antichrist (LOL). My niece (his daughter) and her fiance were in town for a couple weeks to see family as they live pretty far away. We just got panicked texts from them that apparently he went berzerk and kicked them out of his house over the election results and the fact they are libs. I have a feeling millions of people are going to be going nuts one way or another in the next 24-48 hours. Not good.

12 Likes

KEY RACE ALERT

Candidate Update 1 Update 2 Update 3 Update 4 Update 5
Trump 3,218,645 3,224,104 3,224,130 3,224,408 3,224,422
Biden 3,071,780 3,088,402 3,088,475 3,088,737 3,088,796
Gap 146,865 135,702 135,655 135,671 135,626
Votes added 22,081 99 540 73
Change in Gap (11,163) (47) 16 (45)
Biden share of new 0.753 0.737 0.485 0.808
3 Likes

Pretty sweet gig that vote counter job eh? Work ~one week every two years? And take off one random day out of that week? Sign me up

Redacted for privacy.

3 Likes

Its Sue From Accounting’s birthday, so they’re gonna have some cake and knock off early.

I’m pretty sure I could count more votes by hand than the 73 they just gave us in the time between updates. This is ridiculous and excruciating.

The Hitler movie I assume.

1 Like

I haven’t been terrified for about 36 hours so all this uncertainty is a nice change of pace.

3 Likes

Jesus

So the deal in Alleghany County with the 35k votes not processed until tomorrow is at least 29k of them are mail ins that need extra examination because by the Board that legally can’t meet until Friday for some opaque reason. The other 6k are in person votes supposedly, it’s not clear whether they need extra eyes on them or not.

They’re exhausted.

It’s like the time my friends and I went to a pizza place after a wedding and ordered a couple deep dish pizzas. The server warned us that only one was necessary, but we insisted we’d be good. She was right, but one of my friends and I needed to prove her wrong, so we forced down the rest of the slices. Eventually, I could barely lift my fork or chew. It took like 45 minutes to eat that last slice.

4 Likes

I’m seeing very concerning things in my channels as well. This may just absolutely break people. The thing is they’ve been mainlining trump and his alternate reality for 4 years now. A cruel dose of reality slapping them in the face will elicit a response like an addict suddenly being stripped of their drug of choice.

11 Likes

10 Likes

23 Likes

https://twitter.com/ReverendWarnock/status/1324321816102506497?s=20

10 Likes

FUCK YES I LOVE PUPPIES TOO

4 Likes

It’s really gonna suck that Dems have to tell Warnock he needs to yoke himself to Ossoff and drag them both over the line, significantly increasing his chance of losing.

Although probably they won’t do that because they don’t really want the Senate anyways or some shit.

1 Like

I love how the Washington Post’s plan for covering this morning’s vote counting is to stealth not cover it. I don’t think they’ve updated since yesterday sometime lol and their % remaining numbers are obviously busted and have been busted all along.

Reagan only got 50.7% of the vote. Did not know that.

Certainly true, but this is also a cohort of people absolutely addicted to imaginary victimhood. They’re mad now, but OMG are they ever going to get a lot of mileage out of “the liberals stole the 2020 election from us”. They live for this stuff.

5 Likes