The 2020 Election: Delaying the Inevitable

PA SOS says they will be releasing the results from 1 more absentee ballot at 3:30 ET

12 Likes

But we have to say “please”

1 Like

Joe’s eating ice cream and sleeping like a baby, he knows he has this thing locked.

OMG, Joe will start losing votes by update 6

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1324379322740867073

14 Likes

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1324378800675762176

Saying the polls/nate were hilariously wrong, again, is DUMB

It’s funny watching Nate essentially plead for his job.

How is it even possible that Biden closed the gap by like 500K votes yesterday and today we’re getting like 99 votes every 45 mins.

actually, poll averaging is a very useful undertaking and I should continue to get paid millions of dollars a year to maintain my poll averaging spreadsheet.

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/dylanmatt/status/1324377224611536896

5 Likes

Nate Silver and my actuary brother are sounding an awful lot alike right now. I don’t care. If you guys can be this wrong and still be right you’re barely useful information for gambling… and that’s a much wider band than what I would consider useful information.

We really need to figure out a better way to figure out voter preferences and the makeup of the electorate than contacting people and asking them questions. The questions alone will be a huge problem no matter what you ask without really good analytics, which I would prefer to use to just figure out how they vote.

Honestly though I see absolutely no good reason to use the better data stream to do anything but figure out why specific voters vote the way they do and use it to brain jack them back.

1 Like

From Philly Inquirer, 9 mins ago, nice update page here.

Cliffs–PA state dems expecting Biden to win by ~190k

"Philadelphia State Sen. Sharif Street, vice chair of the state Democratic Party, was flanked during a news conference by state politicians, U.S. Reps. Dwight Evans (D., Philadelphia) and Madeleine Dean (D., Montgomery), as well as New York Assemblyman Michael Blake, vice chairman of the Democratic National Committee.

Street said the officials were not declaring Biden had won Pennsylvania, but that he “will,” drawing a distinction with Trump campaign officials. On Wednesday, the Trump campaign wrongly announced the president won Pennsylvania — an assertion “based on math,” campaign manager Bill Stepien said — as they sued to halt voting counting in the state.

“We are in no way suggesting this election is over. We want every vote to be counted,” Street said. “We’re sharing our internal numbers because there’s been so much misinformation put out by the Trump campaign that we thought it was important that the public have a glimpse into what we are seeing.”

Street’s county-by-county analysis, conducted by his campaign staff, was based on the party distribution of the uncounted ballots remaining in each county and suggested Biden would ultimately win Pennsylvania by about 190,000 votes.

6 Likes

lol Nate doesn’t get paid to be right. he gets paid to produce pageviews.

Subsidies for Certified Organic Fracking.

2 Likes

You ever try to get the last bit of peanut butter out of the bottom of a jar?

5 Likes

We’re drawing live to a person with a time machine in 100 years picking him as their one murder to change history over Hitler.

1 Like

thats just from the blue cake icing from last night.

3 Likes

2020: We corrected for education, everything good now.
2024: We corrected for Spanish speakers, everything is good now.

5 Likes

God knows. Hollywood’s probably working the levers.

They are not included from what I understand, and are being segregated.

I’ve got him at 10-12% ballpark. I’ve got Biden at 15% and Cunningham is running a little behind him.