The 2020 Election: Delaying the Inevitable

“So you don’t take the polls?”

“No, the pollsters take the polls.”

“But you pay for and tell them what to ask?”

“Well no, the pollsters do that.”

“But you physically enter the polls into the spreadsheet and average them together?”

“Yes – well, I mean, the intern does that.”

14 Likes

It’s definitely not, a couple Atlanta counties decided to stop counting last night and will resume today.

Edit: I think Fulton county is done.

Gawd I hope all four AZ NV PA GA go blue. That would make all the court bullshit just that more unlikely to change anything.

Is GA blue and the rest red still a tie scenario?

He is, minimum.

Yeah come on everyone is straight up freaking out over “lack of information” and over interpreting every little crumb we get. I don’t think much has changed, if anything maybe Georgia a little better and AZ a little worse but still thinking AZ is not within reach.

At a high level I agree. I just dont want a Trumpkin with a gun to shoot someone. The adults need to be stamping out these little fires of claims of illegitimacy, not throwing kerosene on them.

mrs jal just asked what happens if all the stress and sleeplessness get to Biden and he unfortunately dies before 270 is officially reached.

I said I thought the count continues and Harris becomes president. Right?

Well if that’s true, boom I’m calling GA for Biden right now.

So long as she gets the most electoral votes I believe this is the case. Electors technically elect the VP separately I think.

1 Like

Remaining Philly day of ballots are probably provisional ballots.

Yeah I mean if the 50k outstanding figure is right I think he gets it by maybe 5k votes. I’m not sure anybody actually knows how many ballots are left down there tbh though

1 Like

Yesterday morning, Biden was about 700k behind in PA. This morning he is <150k behind. If they can keep up the same pace of counting in PA today as yesterday, Biden should be able to overtake before the end of the day.

6 Likes

Yes, but that isn’t happening.

Yeah that’s what I mean, FUlton is done. Burbs are still out. so yes, Biden is probably more likely than not to prevail, but it’s not a lock. At this point we’re arguing over semantics.

At this point Germany probably has a better idea of what’s going on than CNN.

3 Likes

This may of been answered earlier in the thread, how was the 3rd party vote this year? Was it less than in 2016?

Yes, a lot less. Although it’s plausible that the libertarian candidate in Wisconsin saved Joe Biden.

3 Likes

I’m asking because I have a brother that never voted for a D or R at the top of the ticket that voted for Biden this time.

I wonder if that was a common theme.

13 Likes

Richard Fausset, in Atlanta 1m ago

Gabriel Sterling, Georgia’s statewide voting system implementation manager, said that 61,367 outstanding mail-in absentee ballots remained uncounted. The state aims to finish its count by noon.

15 Likes