The 2020 Election: Delaying the Inevitable

Whats the quick summary? Just woke up.

Nothing happened at all. Like almost literally nothing.

Nothing changed. PA still on a good pace. AZ hairy. No updates out of GA or NV.

Some have called AZ for Biden, moving him to 264. It looks done.

I think skybet was at 1/14 at some point yesterday. So sky is falling.

1 Like

No, no one called AZ who hadnā€™t called it a while ago. The general view seems to be it was a premature call by the two outlets who did call it, but those outlets are standing by the calls.

Wtf happened with all the promised vote dumps. Bob Casey is on MSNBC still saying Philly is going to put him over the top. Are they waiting for some dramatic announcement.

After the amount of money made here by taking on bookies odds weā€™d be better to ignore them as a guide to actual likelihood in this clusterfuck of an election.

I sincerely doubt that we will have a presidential election that isnā€™t a clusterfuck so long as elections exist in America.

As glad as I am that itā€™s looking like a Biden win the fact that itā€™s this much of a squeaker when his opponent is Trump sure is depressing.

5 Likes

Is that right? See bobā€™s post above.

Or is this a Euro overnight thing?

And the Senate is a huge concern.

1 Like

It was previously called by AP and FOX News which was controversial at the time. Still donā€™t know why it hasnā€™t. I thought the remaining vote to be counted leaned blue.

The Bloomberg map is using AP as their source. Not sure about LA Times.

The la times just a few posts up seems to have called AZ.

1 Like

There should be a lot of votes coming early today. I would expect a lot more to come from Nevada around mid day, and then a lot more in Georgia, Pennsylvania, and GA by ~10 EST.

Unclear if the morning vote times will be enough to call any of these races, but I would be shocked if we donā€™t have an AP call on the presidency by the end of today

The Guardian has just this morning bumped Biden up to 264.

Thank you, whoever changed the title. Waking up to 500 new posts was a bit scary

3 Likes

Itā€™s also just plain nuts the count takes this long in 2020. Whole thing could be automated end completed in a few hours.

Letā€™s take a look at how concerned Trump supporters are coping with this

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1324175651515949056

There are many - oddschecker, oddsportal etc.

1 Like