The 2020 Election: Delaying the Inevitable

765k votes left and 70% of mail in ballots statewide are democrat.

There are 100k votes left in Philly which are like 90% Biden.

Biden is winning by 200k + votes.

1 Like

Been called. He declared himself winnar. More convincingly than Trump imo.

OK, so I donā€™t think weā€™re going to make it home, but itā€™s possible Carville wasnā€™t completely off his rocker about Alaska.

Thereā€™s believed to be at least 133K outstanding, Biden needs about 71.5% to win. Whatever, who caresā€¦

The Senate is running at a slight undervote, itā€™s getting about 95% of the turnout of the presidential race. So 126K outstanding. Gross needs 71.3%.

If, and I think this is a big if, that mail-in vote skews hard blue like it has in some other states, he could have a shot. I donā€™t think heā€™s going to be able to run at 3 to 1 in this sample, though. But the deadline for the ballot to be received is 11/13.

If turnout is up from 60% to 70%, weā€™d expect an extra 38K to still be trickling in. That gets the undervoted Senate race outstanding amount to 162K ballots. Then Gross would only need 66.6%.

I mean, weā€™ve gotta have at least a 5% shot here, maybe a little higher. We just might bink a Senate seat out of thin air.

5 Likes

oh great alaska. thatā€™s what i want to be crunching now.

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/w_terrence/status/1324176789757923328

lol

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JoeDanaReports/status/1324220510129979392?s=20

Look who showed up at the festivities

Was anyone paying any attention to Alaska in advance, do we have a shot at binking 66-72% of the mail-in vote there? Is the partisan skew strong on the mail vote there? Itā€™s notoriously hard to poll and doesnā€™t really correlate to anything. Gross isnā€™t conceding, but his short video wasnā€™t super convincing. I feel like if we needed 60-40 we might feel good. This feels like a tough lift, but not impossible. Weā€™ve all been two outed before. Letā€™s two out Mitch for a change!

Thatā€™s the dude who has like six siblings, who all endorsed his opponent, right?

2 Likes

I have 10% left and Biden behind by 200K

89% are in and Biden is behind by 136,000

Iā€™m going to bed, send me off happy cuse, shipping PA tomorrow?

Yes.

Idk what the sharpie thing is. Donā€™t want to know.

Yep

Based on nothing other than thinking about it for 20s, Iā€™d guess that mail in votes are less likely to skew heavily D in AK. Or at least as heavily as elsewhere. All of AK is essentially the middle of nowhere. Getting to a place to cast an in person vote must be a pain in the ass. I also assume itā€™s cold AF right now. I figure many Trump voters found mail to be a convenient way to avoid the misery of voting in person.

1 Like

Weā€™re definitely shipping it. My o/u is like 8pm to pull into the lead. So 18 hours from now. Itā€™s an educated guess obviously timing of counts is very hard to predict.

1 Like

How much cushion 50k? 100?

4 Likes

I tend to agree, but Iā€™m going to still say at least a 5% shot. Theyā€™ve drilled a few of those on us, letā€™s get them back.

1 Like

Earlier my guesstimate was 75-150K. To be completely honest, Iā€™m so confident in it that Iā€™m not paying a ton of attention to the vote trickling in. Iā€™ve got my bets in, Iā€™m not pulling them. We won PA.

3 Likes

Alright gnight and godspeed Pennsylvania

1 Like

Could be lower if SCOTUS blocks the 11/3-11/6 arriving votes, could be a bit higher if theyā€™re allowed.