The 2020 Election: Delaying the Inevitable

Where are we with Perdue re: <50%?

It’s possible I did my math wrong lol. I eyeballed it.

Very promising.

1 Like

50.17%

We’re a little bit ahead. I’ve given up using anything but the thread to track this. My problem, which has been my election night since all of last night is that the information we are getting from people is just turning out to be incomplete way too often for me to feel good.

I think Ossoff is a lock to make the runoff unless the reports about what remains are way off. Perdue has been running under what he needs with every update.

I want Biden to win by 2 in Georgia so that my household is the difference.

(NO RECOUNT)

7 Likes

Like at this point Trump is drawing to the AP blowing it’s first call ever after doubling down AND the NYT blowing the amount of vote left in Philly AND Trump running hotter than the sun in the rest of what’s left in PA AND somehow coming from behind in Clark County vote in NV or holding on in GA.

Only one of those things that’s likely in a vacuum is GA and it’s a flip. Maybe at this point the AP fucking up is a flip. If the parlay hits that the AP and the NYT both blew major stuff on this, we’re in a simulation.

We’re fine. See you in 2 hours.

5 Likes

Lol, peak 2020.

1 Like

Yeah, the era from Clinton to Obama of Dems getting 90+% of the black vote is probably not something that’s going to last as more African Americans integrate into the upper-middle class and start worrying about tax cuts and 401ks and whatnot. Call that the 50 Cent effect. Working-class Latinos voting for Trump in extraordinary numbers ought to be a huge alarm for Democrats. They need actual outreach with these voters, and picking Julian Castro as a token VP isn’t going to be enough.

1 Like

I clicked on the Philly Commissioner link. Not sure what data on there would let you know how many vote are outstanding, unless you knew or were making an estimate of turnout amongst registered voters.

I wonder if they’re estimating voter turnout. 2016 voter turnout in Philly was 64%. If it was the same this year, that would mean there are 142K ballots left in Philly, and that we’ve actually counted 80%. 70% already counted would imply that Philly will see a 73% turnout this election. Maybe that’s aggressive, but I would have to think turnout will be a good bit higher than 2016’s %.

Here’s Georgia’s results page:

https://results.enr.clarityelections.com/GA/105369/web.264614/#/summary

3 Likes

Peak 2020: Not knowing the balance of power in the Senate from the 2020 elections until 2021.

3 Likes

They want the ballots that arrive after Election Day to be thrown out because they’re not good for Trump. But they’re lying and saying they shouldn’t count because people have to vote by Election Day.

Fox lady points out that since those ballots still have to be post marked by the Election Day clearly the vote happened on Election Day just like she wants.

Trump lady just does the Trump thing of lying in nonsensical ways to make her point.

LOL Nevada. “We’re done for the night, see you all tomorrow!”

Lol well then

https://twitter.com/rightwingwatch/status/1324175651515949056?s=21

4 Likes

7/8?

1 Like

Even 142K should be enough cause we’ll take 80% easy and likely 90%. That’ll close a big chunk of the margin. We got this.

Over the last ~48k ballots, Perdue got 30%. He needs like 43% of the remaining to avoid the runoff. Looking very very good for Ossoff.

3 Likes

So what’s the state of the Senate? Are Ds still one seat short even if Ossoff binks the runoff?