The 2020 Election: Delaying the Inevitable

Then he is bad at math (if there are 400k ballots left to count) because we are up 79k and that would net Trump 56k

2 Likes

No, we need a PA call it looks like (even a GA call won’t get us there because Nevada not counting), and PA is not going to finish in the next two hours.

I’m sweating maricopa county not only for Trump, but for Jevin Hodge and Whitney Walker, who are currently leading for the county board of supervisors. They’d be the first black supervisors in the county, and they would flip the county board blue.

Speaking of that, San Diego county finally has a democratic majority on our Board of Supervisors, after Democrat Terra Lawson-Riemer defeated the republican incumbent Kristin Gaspar. Gaspar ran just about the worst possible campaign for her district, typing herself closely to Trump. That would have worked 6-8 years ago, when Poway, RB, Escondido, etc were reliably republican. They aren’t anymore, and Terra waffle-crushed her. almost 60/30. It was kind of surprising, actually, since polling had put the race much closer.

Todd Gloria is also the city’s new mayor (another LGBT mayor of a large city…rawr!), defeating the less progressive Barbara Bry by a 12-point margin. Another race that was polling closely, but turned out to be a landslide.

This is where we need to start winning races.

14 Likes

PA is very unlikely to get called by midnight, AZ next dump 12:30 est. Someone help me out with GA. What’s the timeline there? I’m looking for a 2 hour nap here.

1 Like

Fox News playing 4D chess calling AZ early

GA call by Fox gets us 270 on one network.

Every day this drags on makes things worse with the derpers and personally adds to my stress level. Ergo I’d love to see it called tonight.

1 Like

that makes sense why this guy is saying

https://twitter.com/baseballot/status/1324172017554362370

Biden is expected to gain in Pima so anything < 60 in Maricopa would put him just short

3 Likes

This thread is fucking impossible to keep up with. You guys stress me the fuck out.

13 Likes

https://twitter.com/ryanmatsumoto1/status/1324173596005076994

How does this guy get outstanding vote #s from the AZ SoS and MSNBC doesn’t? Argh!

1 Like

CNN interviewed the guy in Atlanta who’s running the counting there and he said sometime between midnight and 3 am. You can nap, no call until the wee hours of the morning at best.

1 Like

My wife just read that Fulton County is coming out between midnight and 3am. Not sure of the quality of source.

Grunching, but does anyone know if there is a word for the opposite of doom scrolling? If not, I nominate BOOM scrolling, and that’s what I’m going to be doing the rest of the night, boom scrolling catching up on this thread.

5 Likes

What I don’t get is why a batch of counted votes is expected to be representative of the county as a whole.

Zero chance Fox calls Georgia as discussed becuase they don’t want to have to retract the presidency call if they fucked up Arizona. Georgia’s going to be in recount territory anyway no matter what so they can easily justify not calling it.

TV is for old people. They are behind on everything, and the people they pay for expertise have less of it than people who give it away on Twitter.

3 Likes

Coconino is currently 63% Biden.

4 Likes

Well PA finally moved, -2.9% -187k (improving)

1 Like

PA get your shit together ffs

Love this city, hate this state

PA’s drip drip drip is painful. Just updated. Deficit went from 191K to 186K.

1 Like