The 2020 Election: Delaying the Inevitable

I’m shocked Florida passed $15/hr. On the ballot there was a bullshit warning in bold about your taxes would go up. I figured it would be enough to scare people off it.

1 Like

Lol I’d love to see Biden try to pull a GOP senator into his cabinet. No way they take the deal, but if Dems played it right (lol) it could be a messaging win. “Look, we’re trying to work together than the GOP doesn’t want to!”

/sweetsummerchild

2 Likes

I am a Lions fan. I am really used to seeing my team pull out improbable wins against shit teams (ATL 10/25) and then getting wafflecrushed by good teams (IND 11/1). It’s happening here too. The dems narrowly beat a historically unpopular candidate, but looked bad doing it and didn’t cover the spread. I’ll be happy wit this win but I expect them to be dogs in 22 and 24 at this point, with a poor long term outlook.

1 Like

Penn is likely biden’s there’s a ton of mail ballots

1 Like

Plus they always love to focus on some random internet posters when they talk about how much the messengers are assholes and that’s why we can’t support this or that. The people in congress and the senate who are pro m4a or a wide variety of other things seem to be some of the nicest people out there

3 Likes

It’s more likely that they don’t care as much about their material interests and think that Trumpism gives them a sense of belonging that is otherwise absent. The propaganda is downstream of that.

3 Likes

But what percentage Biden do they need to be. Anything around 90% is asking a lot.

First off you attack Fox News and Facebook directly using every tool we have at our disposal even the norm busting ones. We investigate every single loose legal string about both of them. Full court press on FB on antitrust, anything civil, anything criminal and we blow up Section 230. Fox News doesn’t exactly have a clean house either, so we pursue them for everything we can. This step can’t be skipped. We aren’t going to win this audience vs incumbents who have had years to brain worm these people. Thankfully both of these propaganda spewing monstrosities are currently calling us pedophiles, so it’s not like they can scream louder as we feed them still screaming into a wood chipper.

Then we steal the messaging you see on Andrew Yang’s website. I was all over his campaign and a solid 50% of his supporters were seriously red voters. When they posted they were voting for Trump after he dropped out they actually weren’t kidding. https://www.yang2020.com/policies/ explain it like that. The words we’re using are most of the problem here, that’s why it’s possible for the most insubstantial guy in the history of politics to beat us. We need to implement our policies using their messaging. It’s really that simple.

Remember the scene in idiocracy where he tells them the plants are talking to him and they want water? This is like that. Stop trying to win these people the right way. Tell them you’re going to do something good in words they think are good and then do something good. They won’t be able to follow the details. These people are the kinds of people who get scammed at carnivals ffs. They really are simple fucking people. Trump was operating right at their level.

6 Likes

I’m gonna sleep. Fuck this country for not already having killed trump. lamppost. we are a nation of cowards.

2 Likes

I am a bankroll nit and I had a huge amount in play going in and kept it in play throughout, and it continues to be in play to get the last bit of my winnings in these states. I also tried to exceed my pre-established limits by 33% at 1:25am EST at Biden +185, whatever the state of the race was then. Reached out to several people in my IRL circles to try to get money on Bovada and couldn’t do it.

I bet more than 20 times more than I’ve ever bet on politics in my life last night.

1 Like

oh you haven’t been around

the giant mail ballot dumps are like 95%

Nope, just woke up.

Let’s see what the final popular vote totals are before we go this far. If Biden cracks 52% nationally, wins by 5.5-7 million votes, and gets 290 EVs, that’s a robust result imo. Especially in one of the more rigged electoral systems on the planet.

1 Like

I don’t know, bros. I still think you all are way too positive. I came into Tuesday fully expecting Trump to win. I’m not off of that yet. A lot of his EV is shenanigans. No one should be comfortable with a 2 EV win.

1 Like

There are people here who might have got that on at Betfair for you at probably better odds than Bovada for a reasonable fee after they’ve worked out the impact on their premium charge.

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1323990204353552391?s=19

i shall now streak

2 Likes

I hope you’re right.

FFS, if Biden can’t win PA, what was the fucking point?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/favoredprisoner/status/1323827125158178819

those sophomoric idiots just crushed you silver

8 Likes

There will be lawyering. Don’t get too happy.

Not yet, but we will

1 Like