The 2020 Election: Delaying the Inevitable

BTW no matter what happens, I think it’s probably likely McConnell’s strategy on ACB and certainly Collins’ vote for her saved the GOP in the Senate. If RBG doesn’t die I think Tillis and Collins both lose and the Dems take back the Senate. Biden wins by another point or two as well.

This could have been mitigated with a better strategy by the Dems, of course. LOL Schumer, LOL Feinstein. Schumer should definitely step down as Minority Leader and Pelosi as Speaker (if Dems hold the House) but I’m sure that won’t happen.

5 Likes

Almost everything I said all along was correct. We’re going to win WI and MI, NV is a bit too close for comfort but we should win it, PA is going to be really tight but we don’t need it (gun to my head my guess is we take it), we’re still not dead in NC (15% shot) and we’re slightly favored in GA.

ACB saved trump bigly a bunch of people swung back hard with that one

dems were in a box, the kav fight and playing nice ended up about the same in the election

Eh? Those are the volumes that people could have been matched for at those prices.

Maybe the easy thing to say is R’s will never agree to fix what is broken because they will never be in power again.

https://twitter.com/bpmehlman/status/1323950208477265921/photo/1

2 Likes

The CDC can find federal money for all of that.

CDC can shut down restaurants and order masks in public. The presidency is an immensely powerful office.

1 Like

Plus the iron law of institutions mean the dems in power don’t want anything to change either. The people who are winning use their wins to make the rules. They don’t want things to change by definition because they won with things as they are.

Dems won almost all of those high turnout elections, too. Heh.

I’m legitimately scared. Both for the election and the future of everyone I care about. We might have barely won but Trump declaring victory night of is the horror show scenerio we have been worrying about for months. God dammit.

2 Likes

even if Biden wins MI we still ahve to fade Peters losing

I’m also claiming credit for being WAANFY.

2 Likes

Someone get Aaron Rodgers on the line to hand deliver the Green Bay results.

1 Like

Biden didn’t win by enough. Political junkies are going to chase their tails for 2 weeks about the final vote counts in theoretical toss up states while the Republicans have the Supreme Court award them the EC independent of the actual vote count. This was a likely scenario that everyone saw clearly on the day RBG died, I don’t know why people don’t see it now.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1323953944016703498

Yep, important to contextualize that more people voted for Trump than voted for Obama in 2008.

4 Likes

Yep definitely. We have ~275 dems in congress and like 40 of them aren’t beholden to the establishment. Sickening.

2 Likes

It’s weird though because it’s entirely possible Trump will be the one who needs to keep counting votes by the end of today.

No hope and no change (but crying libs)

Green Bay coming soon

https://twitter.com/NicholsUprising/status/1323953272810545152

How can we have a revolution when a massive amount of people like the way things are including all the people with the guns and the people that control the army?

2 Likes