The 2020 Election: Delaying the Inevitable

Puke. NYT hasn’t updated the % for those counties (Clark 84%, Washoe 87%)

NYTimes has Biden up 9k (same numbers as Ralston) but shows 84% reporting in Clark.

Edit: ah, fuck, per the above

1 Like

NATHANIEL RAKICH

NOV. 4, 5:26 AM

Yeah, but Nevada is a state where mail-in ballots only had to be postmarked by Tuesday. So I’d expect a not-insignificant blue shift over the next week or so.

1 Like

This is crazy. I felt a knot in my stomach starting from when I read about Awice betting huge amounts on Trump again, and then physically ill the rest of the time.

And I have zero stake in this (well, beyond global warning and/or nuclear holocaust): not a US citizen, not living in the US, no money on the line. Just a long time Politics lurker from 2+2, a habit I picked up when I lived in the States over 15 years ago.

Can’t even imagine how you guys must feel. I can understand the copious use of alcohol and drugs ITT.

9 Likes

Who in the FUCK was MAILING their ballot on like Monday or Tuesday??? These people, my god.

1 Like

Biden maybe down to an 8k lead in Wisconsin depending on which website you believe.

People here are saying that Trumpers refusing to participate in polls have skewed the results.
That sounds like “shy” Trumpers to me.

Alaska tho

Holy lord morning Joe is awful. I might have to change channels.

1 Like

With post office delays someone could have mailed their ballot in a week ago and it could arrive tomorrow. It’s not going to be just people who mailed them today.

1 Like

Ok, my 5:30am wake up has been a wayyy worse experience - seeing NV and super close WI numbers - than my 2am one. Going back to bed.

What sites you guys using to follow along?

NYT I think mainly. Seem like most consistent numbers

I agree, I’ve never said I expected to lose it… Just that I was less confident than most, and thought it was worth monitoring.

ok so much fucking better. Decision desk HQ just had a bunch of states >99% reporting like WTF

They also had PA 90% reporting with Biden down like 750k votes.

Yeah exactly and the ranges (76%-85% reporting) tilted me so hard

It would be due to COVID, too.

https://twitter.com/mikevcella/status/1323828539037163520?s=21

17 Likes

Fucking insane we had a huge election turnout and this is what happened.

This country is such a massive, massive shithole

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/1323937402889515008