Tech Support

Did this ever resolve itself? It probably had something to do with me rebooting the server this morning to install some updates.

Seems fine now.

Been noticing that youtube embeds are blowing up in browser and mobile landscape, by that I mean black space to the side or around the vid. Portrait mode is fine.

This is probably shouting into a void, but I could use some help. Short story is that I’m looking for the best approach to annotate and save pdf files on an ipad air.

Setup:
I have a bunch of different desktops/laptops for work, all of which have synchronized files. (These are mainly in Box Sync, but I also use Dropbox and OneDrive.) I just got an ipad air with apple pencil 2, and I want to be able to do the following:

• Open a pdf file from one of the synchronizing apps (preferably Box), annotate that file with the apple pencil, and save the file so that the synchronized version of the file retains those annotations on other devices. This is super easy to do with my Microsoft Surface, but is proving to be harder than I expected on this ipad.

What’s the best way for me to accomplish this?

Thanks

I have been having some very annoying issues the last few days on my Series X. I am unable to send or receive messages, unable to open specific tabs in the settings menu like privacy, LFG sometimes doesn’t work, I get randomly kicked from party chat, ect… The same issue happens when I am connected to the internet on my phone via the Xbox app, but when I turn off Wifi all is good and I can send and open my messages. Does anyone have any idea on a resolution for this? It has to be something with the router / internet right?

Odd failure to fetch the fancy card for the link in this post:

@anon46587892 is there a way to remove the ability to heart posts or remove the ability to see who heart posts?

I just think it’s a a toxic feature that breeds resentment. It’s not necessarily something I personally want hidden but just curious if it was an easy feature to disable forum wide (if voted on)

Maybe kill the like button on certain threads. But not everywhere.

Like in the travel photos thread. There’s nothing toxic going on there. I don’t want to have to comment “Hey I like this photo” every time. But I’d like to give some accolades to a great shot.

I’m totally baffled by this one. If my father tries to change his password on Amazon he gets an intermediate step where it sends him a text message to his cell. I don’t get this step.

The insane thing is the text is not a standard 2fa. It literally has a link that the has to click to allow the password change. It’s not a normal 2fa where you are given a code to enter.

Can Amazon be this dumb? I’ve spent years training him to never click links in emails or texts!

Also, no matter what I do I can’t get the same thing when I change password.

Wat. You have to opt in for 2fa everywhere go do that.

What kind of 2fa uses live links for authentication. That’s just terrible.

This not 2fa. 2fa is using a separate app like google authenticator to log in/change passwords, not clicking on links/providing a phone # to have links to be texted to you.

It’s pretty straightforward - if you’re not expecting the link, don’t click on it.

If he saying he lost his password then he gets a link to click on his phone after normally answering his secret question. This is not 2FA.

Anyone have a good idea how I can use an excel spreadsheet to track when and if people have reviewed it?

I want to make a spreadsheet that contains data which will change over time. I need a way to force a group of people to review it and sign off once a month and to be able to track that sign off. If they just type their name each month I guess track changes would record that?

Is there a more elegant way to track who has reviewed and signed off each month for a document that will be live for a few years?

seems like videos started auto playing for me, even when the post is not currently on screen. bug or feature?

Anyone wear an Apple Watch? Am I nuts or since the new update it now hears my car start? As soon as I start my car it instantly gives me mapping info on the watch. Not when I get in or if I’m waiting but only when I start.

Am I dreaming this?

my phone does the same. it’s been a feature for a while. I believe it just studies your movement patterns and makes deductions based on that.

sometimes it gets it wrong - it once thought the convenience store across the street from me was “work.”

my car will know about me because the phone always connects to it. it’s just typical IOT stuff.

1 Like

it’s a little creepy but kind of nice - I have an app on my phone that talks to my car. when I am low on gas and about to leave to go somewhere, my phone will sometimes remind me that I need gas. lol