Take Me Out To The Blockchain - Digital Sports Collectibles

Cool cats challenge closes 17.5 hours before the gift. Theoretically you could try to do both. But that’s relying on a lot to work out correctly. AD reward has to be worth more than DRose too.

I’d obviously be more interested in the AD but will require more $/flipping and I had a gigantic losing month on stars, so we’ll see!

One thing to note, as of right now, there are going to be a lot more AD’s than Rose’s. Probably double. A lot of Gift packs were never sent out. The site with the stats is down, but my recollection was almost 50% of Gift cards are still sitting in packs.

TS claims they are saving these for future promotions. If they wait till after the Challenge ends, the Rose will be somewhat rare. Of course if they do release those packs soon, the value of all the cards will fall a ton.

Is Barstool Bro interest the Topshot equivalent of your mailman giving out stock tips?

2 Likes

They aren’t even advertising yet. There is no chance this is the top.

Alright I’m putting my life roll on some blockchain gifs. You’re responsible either way.

3 Likes

I mean this is obviously ridiculous but you have a legit chance to get in on the ground floor for pennies. If it really takes off the rarer moments from now are going to be worth insane amounts.

Besides the packs are all massively +ev anyways.

I’ve spent a total of $83 and have well over 1k in moments/dapper cash. Wiseman (which I binked in a $9 pack) appreciating well into the thousands looks very likely.

1 Like

Yeah, reselling aside because I have no idea what I’m doing there, this seems like a massively +EV lottery/freeroll tournament. Just about getting a pack, especially a cool cats one, which should be instantly worth 5x+ (edit: probably way more) what you paid for it.

When the last big drop of base packs came out I think the floor for Lamelo was $480. It is now $1800.

This is in like a week?

1 Like

Yes epic. 5x+ was understating, maybe 50x+

The initial releases (the hugeeee value) are at random iirc, current action is in the resale market (potentially still epically profitable).

You can buy cards whenever the site is working.

Packs are released ~twice a week and getting one will probably be about 25% with the barstool effect

Base packs are still pretty mediocre. In my cool cats pack I got a Lebron base set 3 that’s worth $200, wheat has gotten a Wiseman that’s now like $800 but yuv, myself and I’m sure others have gotten base packs that were barely breakeven. Lots of Dwayne Bacon and Markelle Fultz to go around.

Base packs are a lottery ticket for a rookie at this point.

I got the wiseman in the earlier cool cats pack, someone else here got it in the common pack but I sold it LOL. I did finally sell my last metallic gold from the holo pack earlier today. Probably a mistake but I got bugged where I couldn’t undo it.

I have LE’s that aren’t worth much even of good players from cards 25 years ago so I’m very skeptical some of these prices will hold but people always go bonkers for rookies hoping one of them pans out.

Looking it up right now, base set 2 cards going for 100+

Lebron 3
Edwards dunk
Kira Lewis layup
Edward’s layup
Topin 3
Curry 3
Maxey 3
Zion layup
Lebron dunk
Avdija 3
Precious dunk
Lamelo assist
Jalen Smith jumper
Durant 3
Cole Anthony jumper
Devin Vassell jumper
Haliburton jumper
Wiseman dunk
Hayes jumper
Okoro dunk
Pat Williams layup

That’s quite a large part of the set. All of those are LE except the Lebron 3. 21/123 selling for 100+, and another 5ish close to 100.

1 Like

Ja is closing in on $100 too

Yeah, there was Morant, a Dame and a couple others close.

I get Lamelo, Wiseman and Haliburton having worth, but spending like $300 on a Kira Lewis highlight? I legit hadn’t heard of him 30 minutes ago.

he’s averaging 5.5 points a game

people are stupid

2 Likes

Any word on other sports doing this? I mean MLB you’d think would be a goldmine but then again, at least in my experience, NBA fans are wayyyy nerdier and more blockchain literate than NFL/MLB/NHL/soccer etc etc