Take Me Out To The Blockchain - Digital Sports Collectibles

Looks like market on that CC1 Doncic is right around $2k for non-serials. Assuming unit demand, I guess the AD should go for around $1k. Damn, snapping those dumped cards last night for $25 was probably the play even after discounting the equity for time and uncertainty.

Yup. I bought a $9 pack a couple weekends ago, sold the cards for $5 each and used the $14.25 in my Dapper account ($15 less sales fees) to buy the Cool Cats pack last night. Now I have $151. I’m a master investor.

5 Likes

Ooh, thanks that for that tip. I didn’t know that. I thought I was going to have to a part Dapper/part CC purchase last night, but then I was informed that no tax is charged if you use Dapper funds, so I had just enough.

Re: buying/selling

Do we know how packs were held out for scalpers like Vegasfinds? Assuming they haven’t done the scalp stream event yet, we can probably expect some mini-dumps here shortly.

The Doncic is going for so much partially because of the impending Master Challenge. For that you will need every Cool Cat (plus a Krypto Kitty) to get a LaMelo. Since the Doncic is the Cool Cat with the lowest count, it will be the bottleneck and people are speculating it will fetch a huge premium from people that want to complete the Master Challenge.

The Doncic has spiked a ton in the last few days (it was below $1k for quite a while after it was issued) since the second CC drop was announced with 10k cards, as people realized that all future CC would likely have a higher count.

1 Like

It helps that Doncic is also potentially the player people want a card of the most after Lebron.

People I follow on NBA twitter are mentioning Top Shot now.

3 Likes

Alright here me out…

Politics. ON THE BLOCKCHAIN.

Imagine pulling a moment of Trump shouting at the kid mowing the WH lawn. Or Bernie raising hell on the Senate Floor. The fly on Pence’s head.

This idea literally can’t go tits up. If only I could figure out how to do it.

7 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/windhorstespn/status/1361689155814764553?s=21

PUMP IT!

4 Likes

if a garbage common is in the next set collection the price skyrockets

really a shame I didn’t buy one of those $5 yuv cards that are now 40

1 Like

pretty sure topps didn’t sell out the bernie mittens card (your avatar)

Was it on the blockchain though? That’s a key element

I’ve been stocking up today on all the cheap 12,000 LEs in the hopes one is in the next CC challenge.

The commons from this last drop or something different? I can’t find any cards with 12,000 issued

There are plenty, used to be 12k+ but they capped some at 12k to become LE.

Here is an example - most of the commons are 15,000 CC, some are 12,000 LE, some 7,500, and some 4,000.

Dapper

1 Like

Some guy selling cc pack for 200$ :joy:

I ran a dirty model for PJ Washington CC2 pricing based on 50 prices I grabbed last hour that include the top 3 sales. This is crude and subject to change at any moment but here is the data I have:

Looks like some kind of power law distribution. I’m trying to run this as quickly as possible and went with a double log-log after removing two outliers. It’s not perfect but at least the residuals aren’t ridiculous now. I specified a simplistic model of price~serial. There are better ways to handle the low serials but this is like the Marcel method of Top Shot pricing. Here are some 95% prediction intervals based on this fit (rounded to nearest dollar):

Serial Actual Predicted Lower Upper
2 2891 1688 5147
10 500 500 370 686
42 276 216 356
54 350 256 202 328
350 175 167 136 208
1516 125 133 109 163
1570 132 109 162
5000 120 114 94 139
9847 100 106 88 129

I remembered @beetlejuice’s serial but I can add any others quickly by request.

5 Likes

I want to start a baseball gif collecting site. Rarest will be epic bat flips. Special collection for when an ump takes off his headset, signals a call is reversed, and then the manager charges out of the dugout.

2 Likes

What i’m struggling to grasp is why random serials that are like in the low 1000s are worth more than any random 4 digit number. I sold a #1026 coolcat for $148 and in hindsight it looked like I sold it for too low because at the time I saw a bunch around there posted for $~200, but why would like 1026 be more valuable to someone than 2520 or 3542 or 8452

I can understand wanting to get all single-digit serials. Or all jersey numbers. Or all double-digit serials. Or all triple-digit serials. But once you’re into the 4th digit, is it really that much more valuable than other random ones? I can’t see it. I only assume that people aren’t buying the high priced low 4-digit serials.

The other collector ones I could think of are like repeating serials like 3333 or 4444 or max # serials (10k/10k). Maybe someone collects all the prime numbers of a single player.