Take Me Out To The Blockchain - Digital Sports Collectibles

I happened to be looking at my John Wall card last night when the marketplace went back online. I clicked the “sell” button and there were no cards listed. I almost listed it for $950, but I thought, “What if everyone is able to sell it for like $2,000?”

All this gamestonk shit has rotted my brain.

EDIT: I should add that my son was totally egging me on. He’s like, “LIST IT FOR $4,000!”

2 Likes

It’s understandable. There are online games with marketplaces just using in-game currency that have fees, too, to prevent people from just abusing the market. I just have no desire to collect these cards. They are actually pretty neat, but they aren’t for me (plus the cost is insane).

Check out the prices on physical sports cards. These are cheap by comparison.

I used to collect when I was kid. Once Upper Deck came out and packs were like $2-3, I quit. I bet I have a lot of Wade Boggs rookies, though!

My wife got me a Robin Yount rookie for my birthday a few years ago, which was a cool gift.

My ex wife got me baseball cards too, but she cut holes in the middle and said, “Maybe you’d be interested in fucking this?”

I tried, but the hole in the Big Papi card was just too big.

2 Likes

Got a guy to sell me his pack with Randle (cool cats) Trae Young and Diallo in it for 45 last night before the marketplace opened. Flipped Randle for 105 this am. Also sold the Cousins I got for 119. Both terrible serials. Holding the rest of my pack including a Doncic and Giannis.

Wife got Herro of course lol.

2 Likes

Low numbered Randle just sold for $224.

This shit is incredible.

1 Like

I guess i have a hard time believing that when they make money on every market transaction, if we all bought and held their revenue tanks right?

They are ok with you selling but want you to then use that money to buy more cards.

They don’t want people that just flip packs and then cash out (or are just holding the $ until they can).

My Julius Randal just sold for $150. I guess I priced too low?

So when’s the next pack drop?! I need moar.

2 Likes

How much did you sell the Wall for? Debating if I should sell mine.

Imma launch a derivatives market for Top Shot moments.

6 Likes

How rare is the AD moment gonna be?

$120. Didn’t feel like waiting to see if prices would go up. I assumed they wouldn’t skyrocket, so I protected myself on the downside. I don’t know anything about how the market behaves.

Yeah, that’s my logic as well. I’m going to try and sell while I can.

Do we know if you can buy more packs (when they’re available) with proceeds from card sales? Or do you have to pump in fresh money each pack purchase?

1 Like

I have to give credit where credit is due. The actual web design, art, and overall experience for Top Shot is pretty good when it works.

1 Like

Based on past challenges about 2/3rd of possible cards have been created. So that would be around 6,500.

1 Like

You can buy with your Dapper $. Only issue is you can’t combine Dapper $ and other funds. So if there is a pack that costs $299 and you have 200 Dapper $, you’d have to use all new funds.

You could add Dapper $ in advance, but then you’d be stuck with those if you don’t get a pack (or you could wait to see if you get the pack, but then you have the risk of a glitch trying to add funds at the last minute).

3 Likes

After making that sweet sweet 1000% ROI - I’m hooked. GIVE ME PACKS.

2 Likes