Take Me Out To The Blockchain - Digital Sports Collectibles

it was a glitch! i’m excited to buy a pack and reloading the page. it said 25k available c’mon man

btw people are saying it more and more

4 Likes

Showed up to 100 new posts and I thought they were releasing $1k packs or something again. Congrats on the Wiseman pull though.

1 Like

we’re in it for the love of the game.

placed everything yesterday at or close to the lowest asking price. so far nothing.

1 Like

I don’t think anything is really being bought in the marketplace anymore unless you’re lowest ask.

you listed a bacon for $12 and you’re wondering why it’s not selling? GTFO

i actually sold my first bacon for 4 bucks (that’s the only card i managed to sell) the second one is a test.

prices are also a little down from last night but you’re right, they’re still being sold at a decent pace but there’s more people buying packs to sell immediately so it takes some days to get through those people and then they post another pack. rinse repeat

Is this the right place for us to also talk about the physical sports card market and how absurd it’s gotten recently? I used to have a decent collection that I sold off 8+ years ago. Seeing that current prices are all 20x+ what they used to be is insane. Asked a friend who still buys and sells and he said the entire price run up from what I sold at has basically happened in the last 3 months.

A PSA 9 Jordan rookie could be found for under $10k even a month ago and now they’re pushing close to 6 figures. This is insanity.

Is it everything that’s gone up in value, or only the top players/their rare cards?

The market as a whole is up big but the premium stuff is up even more.

don’t they realize they can just look at the player’s image on google? crazy kids.

1 Like

PSA 10 Griffey Jr Upper Deck rookies selling for $5k minimum. Were $1,500 a couple months ago. Were $300 when I sold 2 of them 8 years ago :man_facepalming:

We are in a massive asset bubble across the board that isn’t included in CPI and other traditional measures.

2 Likes

If everything looks like a bubble… maybe the real bubble is USD :eyes:

1 Like

Well maybe except consumer staples haven’t really increased in price and that is why we continue to see the Fed measure inflation at 0 for the last 10+ years.

If the dollar was being devalued you would expect to see that happen across the board to some extent. Instead you have prices increasing on everything the upper middle class and up put their money in. Stocks, crypto, real estate, etc.

In my mind that is more a factor of increasing wealth inequality than anything else.

if we can’t afford to buy the house we want cause the boomers fucked us over, we might as well spend what we have on some griffey jr’s.

2 Likes

From what I’ve read there’s actually a lot of big money going into buying up sports cards. So if this is a bubble (and it likely is) it’s going to take some big money down with it when it bursts.

i literally never owned a sports card in my life i know nothing about it tbh. but my twitter feed is 99% dfs/poker related and they were all over that market a year ago already. they might be nerds, but they are pretty good at finding the bubbles before the masses.

1 Like

I’m trying not to think about the physical cards… I have a shitload from growing up, and 5 years ago when I went home to visit my parents, where all my cards were, I took all my highest valuable cards and put them in a single binder sleeve, and stuffed it in some drawer where I thought it would be safe (why i didnt bring it with me I have no idea). My parents later cleared out the drawer, pretty sure they threw the sleeve of cards away, I didn’t have the heart to ask them because I didn’t want to make them upset about throwing something valuable away. I don’t remember all of the cards in there but one of them was a Babe Ruth game-used bat card. It was just my 9 most valuable cards basically, the game-used jersey/bat stuff. I probably still have some good value in random rookie cards.

1 Like