Take Me Out To The Blockchain - Digital Sports Collectibles

Well, you cant just say “sorry we didnt think this would get this popular, it’s insane you guys are spending 1k on packs and 100k on cards.”

What does that have to do with cashouts though?

I think it’s just the same one you got

Complete identity check in advance

Based on your activity we encourage you to verify your identity. An identity check is required by government regulations. Completing this in advance will help avoid any future service interruptions with payments.

This process will take a few minutes. You will need to provide a valid government issued ID (passport or drivers license).

By starting the identity check, you will be unable to make purchases, or move assets around until the identity check is successfully completed.

1 Like

It’s also that your Ayton is already in the trae challenge. I’m sure the other holo will be on future challenges (they numbered it as holo challenge 1), but a month is too long to wait

Something i found funny about the whole legendary pack ordeal. People went apeshit over what happened. Like my DFS feed was still talking about it during/after the superbowl. Even the biggest ‘topshot is the future’ people were like ‘they fucked up big time’.

And i don’t get it.

Why are people okay with getting an arbitrary number in a virtual line and are like ‘well thats fair that 2500 people were randomly ahead of me so i didn’t get a pack’ but they aren’t fine with ‘well 500 people randomly got the option to insta buy and i didnt’.

As if one is more ‘fair’ than the other.

1 Like

I got the identity thing too but I can’t finish it, welp

also the cool cats cards crashed

Cool Cats crashed because the Luka challenge ended. If you assume the Luka is worth $500, it makes sense that each of the others would drop $100.

Will be interesting to see whether completing the Luka set was worth it.

some of the special cards are cool but the $ needed to complete the sets to get them is insane

There are 4 cards for the ultimate cool cats that are only going to people with cryptokitties accounts, just too much of a PITA to get the Lamelo

LOL - One of the Dapper employees just advised to hold all the Cool Cats until you get the Luka to ensure no issues - this after other employees said you only had to hold till timer ended. Given the way everything else has worked, would not be surprised to see people miss out on Luka’s. Would be amazing clusterfuck.

1 Like

It’s that the process didn’t work as advertised. They said anyone who signed up in queue from 12-12:15 PST would have an equal chance and they were sold out before 12:15. Also that topshot lied about no one getting multiple packs even though we have one example on this forum of a person who did.

1 Like

I didn’t have an option to get in line or instabuy, the button wasn’t even on my screen. It magically appeared like 25 minutes after the drop

Does anyone see any of these actually appreciating in value? Seems like all commons are obviously dead ends as their production isn’t capped so topshot can print more anytime they want. Limited edition stuff seems overpriced though too.

I think buy packs to flip is the only viable strategy here.

Perhaps I have a conspiratorial mind, but part of me thinks that the glitchy halting “drops” could be purposely done to cultivate the dopamine highs and feelings of crushing loss.

1 Like

I think some of the older ones and potential newer ones do. I think they currently release moments that are just the big standard highlights you see on ESPN. That’s fine, but the right play is for rares/legendaries etc to be a guys 10,000th point or a game winner or something that is less replicable from a physical card.

If you minted 100 moments of Kobes last point now it would be insane.

who got multiple packs here?

i get what you’re saying, but unless there’s any proof that you could have ‘hacked’ the system, this was still entirely random process. It’s not like i’m surprised that people are pissed, but it’s literally the same thing not having the button randomly for X% of the people or have that X% of the people get queue line that is over 3k.

to me it’s a fun little social experience as to what people consider as ‘fair’.

i don’t but i also have literally no idea about the cardboard market. I think people who bought a limited edition bogdan bogdanovic for 1k should get their head examined (except bogdan bogdanovic who indeed bought one himself).

Like what’s the point in owning a regular season Lebron layup to make the game 26-22 in the first Q?

I get owning like, his block in game 7 to win the finals. They should be focusing way more on shit like that!

I obviously don’t see this going away as Fifa ultimate team makes a shitton of money and those cards are good for like 9 months. But they’ve refined it so much more than this.

3 Likes

Those cards would be worth tens of millions probably if we’re extracting from current valuations and the significance of the event

Like even the last holo pack drop seemed just dumb. The “legendary moments” were just average regular season plays.

If you’ve learned anything from Pokémon, yugioh, magic, fifa etc you should have a couple cards a pack that are just a cut above the rest. Make the AD moment his first points for the lakers or last for the pelicans! Make the Zion his first bucket last year! Then you have a card that’s worth 35-100k.

2 Likes