Take Me Out To The Blockchain - Digital Sports Collectibles

That problem is about to work itself out.

3 Likes

Eh, the concept and demand is there and there’s room to grow (gamify it, etc.) but man the people in charge are just unreal bad.

Collectibles have been insane during COVID. Unopened packs of nba, Pokémon etc cards going for 5 figures. Rarest cards going for 6-7 figures.

Wouldn’t be shocked if the average person who buys FIFA/2k spends another ~$50 on ultimate team.

1 Like

Hmm…have a couple unopened wax pack boxes of football cards (I think one box might be opened, but the packs aren’t). I’m sure they’re worthless, but maybe I’ll do some research.

check this site to give you a idea https://www.bbcexchange.com/ highly regarded among unopened sports card collectors.

1 Like

Yeah I’m definitely not clicking BBC exchange thank you very much.

7 Likes

Just google “baseball card exchange” then.

That site doesn’t have them, but I Googled and as suspected, they’re not worth anything.

i am not built for (relatively) high investment. didn’t see the prices moving so i sold my Gobert card for 1200 and guaranteed i won’t lose any money on the pack.

2 Likes

Is it correct to say that even if someone got a pretty bad pack of cards they were likely still able to at least 2x their money on this one?

Close to it. Worst Holos still going for a bit over $1k and bad rares for $200. So if you got the nut low, you’d have made minimum $600 or so after fees.

1 Like

When do the next packs drop??

2 Likes

So current withdraw policy is
—$2500 limit per withdraw
—right now taking 8 weeks, but hopefully down to 1 week in the future
—$25 fee to wire the money out in USD, but think free to other wallet

How the heck does that work for a marketplace with top items in the $100K range?

They sent me an email if i want to start the process. No time frame for getting my account verified and it will be disabled while they do.

No reasoning as to why. Amazing how shady this is

lmao WHAT.

Possible eight weeks is from when you first open an account, let me see if I can find the FAQ. I know the discord today was talking about hopefully a $2500 a week opportunity in the future for WDs

EDIT: Looks like the 8 weeks is outdated. Looks like ~30 days for first WD soup to nuts on average, after that the goal is 1 week turnaround, but the cap is $2,500 a WD. Still dont get how that works for the real high-end cards. Still might be 8 weeks from when you open an account because have to have 4-6 weeks of transactions before they will KYC you.

I dont think it is like Lock Poker/ponzi shady. Just they are way way way out over their skis in terms of growth and this product is meant to be like FIFA cards, not five and six figure collectables. I think this is kind of a cool idea, but everything is like 99% overvalued.

1 Like

I agree but they aren’t even making up excuses as to why

I’m still holding my Ayton. It’s easier to hold as I’ve already booked a nice profit.

My thinking is that right now 43 are available on the market, but based on precedent, I expect 60+ people to complete the Trae challenge, so at some point supply is going to dry up a bit.

What did you do to get the email? I had to do KYC last week, but nothing about being able to start the withdrawal process.