Take Me Out To The Blockchain - Digital Sports Collectibles

Also in for 1k if someone wants to handhold me through it

I’m grunching but is there any reason not to spend the 1k here? Seems like a +ev lotto ticket.

You’re locking it up for an unknown amount of time until they allow you to cash out.

1 Like

That you can’t cash it in for weeks or at all if you’re not American atm is the biggest thing imo

Anyone know if I’d need to preload the 1k or could I use a card at checkout?

Also curious about this. I put 40 bucks in my account a week or two ago but I’ve missed every pack drop so far. Not willing to do that with 1k, but I’ll definitely buy one if I can put in my payment info at checkout.

1 Like

You can use the card at checkout. It’s going to be 999+tax. No way would I preload that much into this environment. You’re not going to get the return on it unless you get a pack.

1 Like

Same boat. Thanks Meb

This type of logic hurts my brain and it hurts my brain more that you didn’t cringe just typing that.

Also this is exactly - and I mean EXACTLY - like the cryptokitty forums it’s creepy. Pretty obvious how this plays out but “middle class bored nerds” are exactly the marks that fall for these over and over.

The 1k packs seem like they are worth $5k+ right now:

• 3 x Rare Metallic = $1k min, but probably $2k expected value
  • 1 x Legendary = ???, but based on old Legendary series probably at least $3k EV

I told my wife I was only going to use my winning to buy more packs, hope she doesn’t look at my CC bill this month.

edit: I might temper expectations a bit for the Legendaries, just looked at the list and they are mostly crappy player - no Lebron, Durant, Luka, Zion, Harden, or Giannis. Only a few good players - Curry, Leonard, Davis. Still think worth it, but will be interesting to see whether new Legendary cards of bad players hold much value.

Also, this drop basically doubles the number of Rare Metallic available, so who knows what will happen to the price of those.

2 Likes

1 Like

Pretty confident we’re all mostly aware of how this plays out. Basically we currently we get to gamble and it’s not -EV* to do so **** it.

*if we ever get paid

people are still betting on trump to win the presidential election so we could be dumber (still debating on entering the 1k probably won’t though knowing me)

1 Like

Huh? I don’t think you understand math, ev or logic.
The amount of lack of self awareness to post that is mind blowing.

Like why is this person even here? This is a fun thread where everyone are toying around. On top of it it’s clear that anyone who saw the potential, regardless of what the potential is (to become a popular bubble or to have any long term value) would be up a lot right now.
The btc part of the post is obviously a joke but it doesn’t even matter at all.

You are stupid. You are also rude.

1 Like

yeah this is the important part. the 1k min mark would not be that in a couple of hours

1 Like

Right - I was trying to get that across with the “right now.” Cards will definitely drop, but I think so long as they don’t crash more than 50% it’s still +EV.

It’s also odd to me that they didn’t start dropping as soon as the packs announced. If I held one, I would dump and just re-buy for much less after the packs drop.

They are definitely a gamble, and not sure I’d be buying one if I didn’t already have $600 in dapper funds.

they’re not that much of a gamble imo. I think you might lose a bit but i can’t see how you lose like over 25% unless you decide to hold for an extended period of time.

(edit to clarify - i still won’t buy because it’s out of my comfort zone for something i consider as mostly a joke)

1 Like

hmmm my strat of buying some cards during the dump to flip later because it would’ve worked last time is not working out right now

guess I’m gonna just go with cards that are worth gambling on a dollar or two profit or I don’t care like the trey young for $4 I just got

Anyone thinking of throwing money into this should definitely be aware they are gambling. It’s likely a +EV gamble, but a gambling event is definitely occurring!

Your money is also going to be locked up for an undetermined amount of time, and you’re likely going to need to do other transactions on the site beyond just buying and flipping a single pack to get approved for withdrawals.

The NBA license and partnership means I’m not too worried about an exit scam. Just want people to know what they’re getting into before potentially dropping 1k on a pack.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if the rebound is delayed due to the fact that people are dumping cards to raise funds for the Legendary packs. Possible that after the Legendary drop, you’ll see some increase in value of other cards as people who didn’t get a Legendary pack buy other cards.

yep. not that much of a gamble is still a gamble. i just don’t think the risk of ruin is high here because the floor value, assuming you are intending of flipping in the near future, is pretty solid.

if you want to hodl long term the risk is clearly enormous.

1 Like