Take Me Out To The Blockchain - Digital Sports Collectibles

that drop still has 6 regular cards per pack, the dumpers are still going to straight dump

should be less of them with a 1k pack but I don’t know how many are just straight up buying and dumping

that’s 6000 commons. We had 150k from the last two days. pretty insignificant.
(edit - i thought there are 1k packs. there are 2600, so 15k commons. my bad)

tbf, i think the value of common cards should plummet. the $9 packs aren’t suppose to be instant value.

Lol but I meant specifically the pixel art ones, like, am I imagining it that you said you were a veteran pixel artist? I’ve seen amazing pixel art but those look like shit, but I really don’t know what I’m looking at.

https://twitter.com/OwnTheMomentNFT/status/1358055705446666240?s=19

These guys estimate EV of 4500

Is their a que or something? Just says pack not available

that’s kinda like guys estimating their own penis size. i’d scale the enthusiasm down a bit

this is something i’m clueless about but anyone with ‘real’ sport card experience might know the answer to. I don’t get why anyone in the world would want to pay $500+ on a Malik Beasley card, even if it’s “1 of 99”. Other than Malik Beasley himself of course.

Is there a cardboard Malik Beasley card that is worth a ton of money?

The thing I’m most interested about is the floor. It seems like the floor is between $500-$1000, and that’s being quite conservative. The EV being high is probably propped up by the ultra-valuable stuff I guess

If theoretically I were to get one of these legendary packs, how long do you think the $1k would be tied up before I could realistically see money back in my bank account? And what is the chance it’s all a scam that results in just losing $1k for good?

minimum one month.
almost 0 in terms of actual scam (they steal your money). unknown in terms of market crash and your cards worthless if you didn’t sell.

i think you can sell your account quite easily offline but that’s like doing poker transfers. always a risk.

1 Like

So Topshot is about to print $2.5M instantly, and everyone that buys a pack will also 4.5x their purchase? I’m not skeptical at all.

4 Likes

well for the cool cat packs it was exactly that but 20x. this one won’t be guarantee profit i guess, just high EV if you pull the right card and a relatively high floor (meaning you won’t lose a lot)

1 Like

Seems like a totally sustainable business model and definitely not a bubble

1 Like

of course it’s a bubble. why do everyone point that out? you can make a shitload of money in bubbles.

a cardboard card doubles in value every three weeks? there’s a very stupid bubble going on regarding sports cards. that doesn’t mean buying a MJ card a month ago was a bad idea

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1357544725738307584

Seriously, I don’t care how sustainable it is if I sell this shit right away. I’m not holding these things as a long term investment

1 Like

How do i get in line?

Eta- im on the page? Do i just refresh it in 15?

it will open in 15 minutes

Can you link me to the exact page I need to be on so i can make sure i am there?

This is gonna use the same waiting list system right? So we first gotta win a lottery to be able to buy a pack. I’m ok with that, at least it’s better than losing to bots.

1 Like

wait you guys are buying the 1k packs? I feel like such a wuss now.