Take Me Out To The Blockchain - Digital Sports Collectibles

more likely it crashes back to reality soon, GME didn’t last long either and it had the same problem of signups being halted/delayed because so many trying to get in.

You can be bullish about the site, but a lot of these individual cards, like if you thought ish smith was worth $30, lol at you. (and he has 2 700+ cards, those will not end well)

2 Likes

Market down for Friday packs?!

2 Likes

i agree with this take (not the lol @ you part). not because GME, but because it’s bad for TopShot to have Ish Smith cost $30. And they have all the means to dictate the market, so eventually they will understand this.

1 Like

It’s basically a race to two things where the market will settle:
Minting new moments of players so most don’t only have 1 that is “affordable”
More than 5% of the user base able to get a pack

Doesn’t seem like the latter will improve much for some time

well and also one decent sized account and the market will go snap down a lot. Like the dude who has 200+ schroder cards, if he sells all at once they’re 5 bucks at best.

But what if they all sell at the $100,000 he’s listed them for!?!

They said the S3 cards would have a lot larger caps, right?

I suppose it also depends on crypto, the less money those guys have the more likely one of them just dumps the collection

25k+ vs 15k is all we know.

I would gladly prop bet on Ish Smith S2 15000 le costing more a year from now than today if anyone wants.

He is currently $18.

the interesting question is will the 25k CC hurt the value of the 15k LE card from the same player or help it.

I think short term it will hurt it, mid-long term it will help if this stays a thing (which is a big if). I also know nothing.

2 Likes

Yeah I got drilled for like 40%.

1 Like

I think they said it would only be moments players with a S2 already. Not sure though there are enough new players for all those moments. Only a handful of big names with no S2 right now (Harden, Irving, George).

“That time when the last pick in the draft, a three-point sniper who got almost no playing time on a team that needed three-point shooting, got recalled from the G-League and I could buy his moment for only $50…man that was sweet.”

3 Likes

not sure what you are replying to.

i’m saying that my guess is Zach Lavine 25k cc card will cause a drop in the prices of Zach Lavine 15 LE series 2 in the short term.

momentranks.com seems better for assessing card values since it is basing off of serial #

so good

1 Like

Did the S2 card release make the S1 cards drop in value? You would know more than all of us i presume

it says i lost money on my middleton and jokic purchases so it’s evil

What I’m saying is that my understanding is that Levine will not have a 25K cc card since he already has a S2 card.

I thought Rohan said somewhere that the new mints would only be of players without a S2 card.

1 Like