Take Me Out To The Blockchain - Digital Sports Collectibles

I’m not entirely sure even after spending too many hours the past few days looking at their contract code and blockchain architecture. All I know is that the website itself is fubared and whenever they start changing shit it logs me out for hours before I can get back in. So if it really does crash, I wouldn’t be able to sell or buy which makes it pretty useless to me. My only real play is trying to score $1k packs now or something.

Marketplace currently disabled FYI.

It’s total bullshit that they can freeze everything unannounced, drastically affect the market with some announcement or event, then re-open it only for some accounts immediately and other accounts hours later. Nice product.

Unless you got in super cheap or intend to go long, I think holding a large quantity of moments is kind of a fish play due to what I described above. Even if you had ample forewarning that a dip is coming, unloading quantity is a nightmare. I was in the middle of pricing and listing which took a decent amount of effort, and now BAM! everything’s locked suddenly so I have to F5 this shit constantly for an unknown amount of time.

I’ve been flipping and only holding around 10 moments, I can’t imagine trying to list 100 or 1000 of them it is such a painful process.

1 Like

I think my target is like 1 to 3 moments of higher value blue chips and then only add cheaper stuff if they are steals. Would not want to be trying to get out of like 30 Julius Randles when they pause then announce a 100k pack drop.

3 Likes

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens when the list the market back up. Race to buy or more selling? A couple of the 1XXX serials of bad players I bought for flip last night I may not even be able to profit on lol

how is this real

2 Likes

My stuff is down a grand almost from last night before bed. Buy the dip or fire sale? High traffic stopping people from making accounts and prices falling is sus.

https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/1364245283920568328

2 Likes

I’d trade my boxed Virtual Boy for this:

3 Likes

That’s our reaction when our number in the PACKZ line is less than the number of PACKZ available.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Holding Cool Cats at those prices is performing significantly worse than flipping to reinvest in cheap moments aorn. Did you mean Luka?

2 Likes

The less you think of this as crypto the easier time you will have.

The only need for crypto here is convincing people their gif is theirs because of alien technology they do not understand.

But since the biggest obstacle in collectables is proving ownership and scarcity, alien technology is a good solution

1 Like

Don’t worry they’re a $2B company.

4 Likes

I deleted bc I realized I was being a dick and didn’t really mean to. Unless I am thinking of the wrong person weren’t you advising selling Luka cc 15000 at like$50?

My only point is really none of us know where this will be in a week or a year. Things that seem obvious like the above can end up hilariously wrong. I don’t have a crystal ball either though so I don’t mean that as a criticism.

Maybe I’m just salty bc I really did sell my Luka for 50 after reading that lol.

That’s because the only moment he has is the video of him being born, very rare.

5 Likes

The variables between last week and this week are insanely different and a lot of reasons to be bullish IMO. We got:

• The S2 cards becoming LE
  • Volume increasing daily
  • Signups being halted/delayed because so many people are trying to get in
  • From pretty much only Tyler Herro, now there’s dozen(s?) of NBA players aware of this and tweeting about it, and it’s getting coverage on ESPN/etc.

Collectibles + BLOCKCHAIN + limited supply + high demand.

The biggest things to be bearish about is if their blockchain fails miserably, or if they can’t staff up quickly enough to deal with the demand surge and interest fades / public perception becomes negative against them due to that frustration. But the fact that they have exclusive rights to NBA is huge here, because it’s not like someone else can pop up and start doing what they are doing except better.

Plus, it’s fun!

5 Likes