Suzzerwalrus Reveal Thread

So the expected completion date of this walrus is on or about Fall 2021?

2 Likes

@seities

1 Like

Not happening tonight sorry. I’m really struggling to get back into my routine right now and I’m getting busy at work. It will happen soon though.

Doing some listening now. The good news is it’s going pretty fast as I know half the songs really well already. I really don’t need to listen to Pour Some Sugar on Me three times to know how I feel about it.

Although I am having to do some research to determine whether some of these bands do in fact suck, or not.

Ok - I’ll shoot for about 7pm my time tomorrow night. Might end up being more like 8, but I’ll try to get at the gym done earlier.

5 Likes

My band suck so bad it made my teeth bleed to submit an entry by them

1 Like

Ok looking like we’re on schedule. I cut my workout short for you people. Only did deadlifts, no squats. Still got my shrugs in though. Somewhere Mark Rippetoe sheds a silent tear.

Here’s a look at our first song up’s shot at nailing the category:

3 Likes

Ok, here we go…

#12 - Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar on Me

I beg your pardon? May I remind you of the category title - “Good song by a band/artist that kinda sucks”?

I will not stand for this insolence. At the moment I currently have Foolin’, Too Late For Love, and Bringin’ on the Heartache on my iPod. I am hankering for some Photograph, Rock of Ages and Rocket for the next big playlist I make. So not only does the band most certainly not “kinda suck”, but Pour Some Sugar on Me isn’t even in their top half dozen.

-10 for category fit and my God have mercy on your soul.

4 Likes

This bodes well for a future submission of mine.

I would NEVER submit Def Leppard for this category.

Yeah, I considered def leppard in another category. Would never have put them here…for him.

1 Like

Our next band name involves a creature with a long tail, wings, and a long snout.

@skydiver8
@SwankyWilder
@nano
@superuberbob
@pyatnitski
@Yuv
@microbet
@Lawnmower_Man
@NotBruceZ
@Pauwl
@Trolly
@Tilted

Shit I forgot to do this part. I suck at walrus. I need pyatnitski in here providing cover for my ineptitude.

3 Likes

I’m gonna feel bad if Def Leppard is Nano.

1 Like

#11 - Seahorses - Blinded by the Sun

Everything else they did was lazy indie nothingness

I was so on board with this song until the lead singer opened his mouth at about :50, then the song just goes to hell in a handbasket. Then I liked parts where he STFU for a bit. But I just cannot do this dude’s voice. I’ll give some credit for category fit because I could only find one other song and it is much worse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVzUFNWIYM0

Which brings up that I probably should have specified stuff like no super obscure bands or one-hit-wonders. I feel like that was implied, but not clearly stated enough, so I’m not dinging hard for it. This song just didn’t do it for me.

Ok time to make some dinner. This will go quick don’t worry.

3 Likes

Pour Some Sugar On Me is like bad song by a good band optimal.

1 Like

Once again, our next band name involves a creature with a long tail, wings, and a long snout.

It’s not.

Do sea horses have wings?