Suzzerwalrus Reveal Thread

I always wanted to submit that Zola Jesus song in the past but felt it might be too much. It seemed acceptable for this category.

I won a previous walrus category with Pa’lante.

3 Likes

I felt like maybe I had Pa’lante before, but maybe only once or twice.

Bleh. Been middle of the line basically the entire competition.

Woohoo! At least I am not last place :eyes:

1 Like

@suzzer99, how goes the rocking of your phallus in the soot?

1 Like

I’m gonna listen Friday night during the Chiefs preseason game again. That worked well last time. Then do the reveal on Sat or Sun.

3 Likes

I enjoyed this thread.

https://twitter.com/lemonade_grrrl/status/1430306592457596929

2 Likes

Listening now. Drunk - as it should be.

Somehow I make categories for good song by shitty band, and departure from normal style - and you people all submit rando Indie stuff I’ve never heard before, forcing me to DO RESEARCH.

But all I ask for is a song that rocks my dick in the dirt, and I know have 6 out of 6 songs I am very familiar with. One choice is semi-inspired. The rest I dunno.

Maybe the last 6 will pull this fat out of the fryer.

Well number 7 is Quiet Riot - Come on Feel the Noise. So yeah we’re off to a rollicking start.

Let’s Rock!

I blame myself. I thought rocking dicks in the dirt would be a universal thing once I gave a few examples.

I confused the whole thing by causing it anthems - which apparently to the rest of the world means songs you can sing along to, although to me it was just the band’s most face-melting, fast-moving, epic song. Like Freebird is Lynyrd Skynyrd’s anthem.

Like if a stripper DJ had to pick a song from a band, this is the one they’d pick. Stripper DJs always know what’s up.

Also I’m 96% confident I found the pauwl song. Next walrus I’m going to have a category called “I’m the real pauwl” where everyone tries to submit a pauwl song, and we’ll see how that goes. Category fit is I rate the likelihood it’s a pauwl song.

2 Likes

When you gonna to reveal, I’ve missed the last couple and I’m ready to rock

I’ll try tomorrow. Since I know 9 out of 12 of these songs backward and forward it shouldn’t be too hard.

1 Like

I’ve had three silvers, I’ll take a gold please

!!!

They gave Bob Dylan a Nobel and left Ronnie James Dio out there in the fucking cold.

i’m def one of the disappointing songs as no stripper DJ will ever play my song :frowning:

I’m not sure as while no stripper DJ would ever play my song, if they were somehow forced to play one song from that band they would choose that song.

There was no entry with !!!

Lol I didn’t remember I even listened to the songs last night until a few hours ago. I blocked it out. My dick was sadly very clean afterward.

Unless anyone freaks out and objects (and if it’s ok with @pyatnitski) - I’m offering a do-over on this category to anyone who wants one. You can send a new song to pyat, who will tell me which one to replace.

I’m also willing to offer double points for this round as incentive. I think pauwl is the only one who could object to that. But I bet he’s cocky enough to still think his song will podium.

Or if we don’t wanna do that I’ll just do the dismal writeup. :stuck_out_tongue:

I blame myself for my confusing personal definition of anthem. What anthem means to me is epic. Like if a pretty picture of a tree is a nice short song. An epic song is a vast landscape. Think epic movie vs. small movie. Etc.

Also face-melting. Anthem to me means epic + face-melting. Which combined means rocks your dick in the dirt. That’s just math.

These are the kinds of songs that make 15-year-old pimply angst-ridden you want to jump around the living room furniture in your underwear when no one is home.

So by nature they have to be kind of long and build to a crescendo leaving 15-year-old you sweating and out of breath when they’re done. A 2.5 minute punk song and you’re just getting warmed up. But they can still start out fast or slow. It doesn’t have to be a rock song. It can be EDM, rap, whatever.

Here are some songs that epitomize epic to me:

I need more of these kinds of songs in my life.

@skydiver8
@SwankyWilder
@nano
@superuberbob
@pyatnitski
@Yuv
@microbet
@Lawnmower_Man
@NotBruceZ
@Pauwl
@Trolly
@Tilted