Suzzerwalrus Reveal Thread

Yeah I thought it was between that and the next song - due to the writeup. Then I read the writeup of the next song more closely.

I liked your song and the subject matter, once I actually read the writeup. It just got pushed out by a very very tough field.

#2 - Judy Collins - Amazing Grace

So when my Mother died a couple of years ago she left instructions on which songs to be played at her funeral. one of the choices was Amazing Grace. I, my brother and his son met up with my wife to plan the service and my wife starting playing various versions on youtube to decide which one to play. This version came on and the 3 males instantly burst into tears, to which my wife victoriously declared that’s the one. still makes me sad when I hear it, but in a good sort of way.

First of all I’m sorry to hear about your mother, and thank you for that poignant and touching writeup. Very very good call on the version imo.

Second of all even without the story, this song is an immortal cheat code. But not without reason. I laid back in my chair, closed my eyes, and immediately got goosebumps. I started thinking about the scene from Places in the Heart, one of my favorite movies, then began to bawl like a baby for the rest of the song.

4 Likes

Our winner gets a gold grillz.

1 Like

Was #2 you, or the next one?

Always wanted a pair… I’ll wear them proudly. Fun fact I was introduced to this song on this forum. I think it was the what are you listening to thread from months ago. Fell in love with it and listen to it weekly.

he started off by not remembering what he sent. if it was #2 that’s quite an achievement to forget that

2 Likes

Hahaha. I finally remembered. It definitely wasn’t #2 but the write up should have made it the winner.

I was Aretha. Billie Eilish beats Aretha Franklin. Ok. All’s fair in love and walrus.

I don’t know which is nano’s. She loves Judy Collins, so maybe podium.

1 Like

#1 - Hurray for The Riff Raff - Pa’Lante

Pretty mind-bottling that this song beat out Amazing Grace. But I went back and did both one more time - and holy cow when she starts belting out Pa’lante - goosebumps and tears.

I don’t know what horrible tragedy she’s singing about, but it makes me want to cry for whomever it happened to. Please don’t ever tell me what it means. I don’t want to find out it’s about picante sauce or something.

In the beginning the song seemed fine - kind of a cross between pissed off Sheryl Crow and less stupid Alanis Morissette. Then she went into a Beatles-circus-sounding riff which was fine. Then I was struggling in a bit through the Puerto Rico spoken word stuff.

You were headed for last place at that point just for no category fit. But when the Pa’lante stuff came in - goosebumps the first time, goosebumps and tears the second time.

This is the exact kind of song I had in mind for this category. Enjoy your gold teeth.

3 Likes

Yup! The “drop” when she starts belting Pa’Lante gets me every time. The song transforms in the best possible way.

2 Likes

I mean the song is pretty happy right? Feeling like a natural woman is a good thing, one would presume.

So we’d have to go for goosebumps for category fit. And it’s not super far off. But for me this song is more like a comfy nostalgic blanket than something that makes the hairs on my arm stand up on end.

Obviously the song itself is an all time classic.

Yeah, it’s the goosebumps. I was thinking strange fruit for the sad.

Congrats etc. Well played, well judged, blah blah insincere blah.

R6

3 Likes

Damn, I literally had a good cry to start my day. Thank you all for that. This category may have 6 ipod songs - blowing away any previous category. I think we found my sweet spot - cloying.

One more category to go. My dick is ready to get rocked in the dirt.

2 Likes

I mean nano though strange fruit for the sad.

Yeah nice pick nano!

1 Like

Yeah I really want to swap MP3s with pauwl - apparently we are musical dopplegangers. But you kids these days are all on spotify, which doesn’t work very well in Ecuador.

I’m emotionally spent.

1 Like

This game sucks balls.

1 Like

It needs some big rule tweaks or something. Doesn’t feel like the inventor of the game really thought this through.