Suzzerwalrus Reveal Thread

Not gonna lie - halfway through I’m starting to get a little verklempt. I think the songs are adding up.

I’m gonna do the quad-shiatsu massage chair thing before round two, which always makes me emotional for some reason. Deep tissue massage must release hormones or something.

1 Like

Ok I’ve done one full listen. I’ll do another tonight or tomorrow morning. I can do the reveal tomorrow - 10-11ish my time.

Tough tough category. There isn’t one song I truly disliked, much less where my first thought was am I being trolled. Apparently I like maudlin music. It’s gonna suck someone has to finish 12th.

I think I know which song is going to win - but it’s a giant mishmash after that.

3 Likes

the defense looked great, the offense was weird bad.

@skydiver8 @SwankyWilder @nano @superuberbob @suzzer99 @Yuv @microbet @Lawnmower_Man @NotBruceZ @Pauwl @Trolly @Tilted

Ok let’s do this in an hour.

2 Likes

I’ll be here

All right - let’s get this party started with song one of our ChrisV Honorary Imodium.

Paul George wishes our first song applied to him. But it does not.

#12 - R Dean Taylor - Indiana Wants Me

I apologize in advance that someone had to be #12. I probably wouldn’t put this song on my ipod, but I could listen to it and not be too disgruntled. I assume no matter which song I pick for last, it will end up being nano.

This song had a nice start - kind of a lineman for the county vibe, and song always gets me in the feels:

But this song is a lot more peppy. I’m not feeling sad or getting goosebumps. And then the siren is a little corny. And now the police are on the bullhorn. And now gunshots.

So wait if Indiana wants him, and he can’t go back there - how did he get away in the first place? The cops said they had him surrounded and started shooting. Or did he go back to Indiana? Why would he do that? He knew Indiana wanted him. But lord he can’t go back there. I’m so confused.

So anyway - an amusing little song, but no crying or goosebumps. In addition to Wichita Lineman, if you wanted to get my tear ducts flowing with a sad 70s diddy, you could have gone with this:

Lol looks like I actually put this in my OP and forgot about it: “Easter Egg: I have one song in mind that does both - it’s from my youth and involves a barnyard animal.”

Goosebumps every time.

3 Likes

I’m just going to listen to Wildfire and cry while I wait for the late church crowd to trickle in.

1 Like

#11 - Berta Rojas - Julia Florida

I’m a pretty big sucker for Spanish guitar. But this one seemed more like bedtime sleepy music, or something an ayurveda spa might have on in the background, vs goosebumps or sad.

I need my Spanish language songs to be signing so I can only piece a few words while I imagine the rest is about something very sad and tragic. Like Chan Chan in the OP - which I had hoped was about the destruction of the Inca city of Chan Chan at the hands of the conquistadors, but sadly seems to only be about a woman.

Same thing happened when I looked up the lyrics to Hello by Adele. The way she was belting out from the depths of her soul, I thought the song was about trying to reach dead relatives through a sience or something, possibly even her dead child who burned in a fire that she accidentally set. But no, it’s about her wanting to rub it on some old flame who dumped her, and being pissed when he wouldn’t come to the phone so she could brag about being famous. Horrible - totally ruined the song.

3 Likes

Are you absolutely fucking with me right now.

3 Likes

It’s one of the greatest classical guitar masterpieces ever and you don’t like the lyrics AAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSssAAAA

1 Like

He put me last, he hates us.

1 Like

Nano lives!

1 Like

If you just would have pulled Wildfire out instead you’d be at #1. Wichita Lineman probably makes top 5. Even one of the dead teenager songs from the 50s might have done middle of the pack. The Indiana song was super peppy and kinda made being on the run sound fun.

I felt like I was getting a massage with incense burning. I don’t like massages or incense.

#10 - Bic Runga - Sway

Again, not a terrible song. Kind of standards 90s chick with a guitar sound. I like her voice. Nice melody, ok chorus, electric guitar comes in just right at the end. But I’m not getting choked up at all.

By process of elimination this must be Nano.

1 Like

Adele is music for grannies.

See that’s our major difference. You think artist first, then song, maybe album mixed in. I think song first and don’t care much about the artist or album. I’m not sure I could name another Adele song. But Hello was catchy. Also I loved the SNL skit they did with it.

But then I looked up the lyrics and it ruined the song for me.

Yes I see. Naturally I’d argue that my approach of ignoring very bad artists means you save yourself from needing to google horrible lyrics.

cf Ed Sheeran