Suzzerwalrus Reveal Thread

Yeah maybe I got that one conflated with this somehow. But the Lionel Ritchie song was not on the Skeeball Hall playlist.

Misled also didn’t have a whistle at the beginning. /old

I love Kool and the Gang though - what a body of work those guys put out.

What kind of whistle?

Also there was Word Up! by Cameo that’s a pretty distinctive song. Is that what you mean by sounds like Prince?

Misled sounded like Prince to me at first. Word Up has the whistle.

Misled and this song are kind of similar, so I somehow conflated the whistle, and “cant’ slow down” in my addled memory.

May be old news but a founder member of Kool and the Gang died last week

2 Likes

I saw kool and the gang at a little club like ten years ago. They kicked ass and mostly it wasn’t pop stuff. A bunch of super good musicians.

Just to say sorry for not providing scores, I’m on holiday at the moment but will hopefully be able to do so tomorrow afternoon / evening. Obviously Suzzer put me on the imodium again that round, he’s a cruel man.

4 Likes

This is a truly putrid trio of songs; Phil Ochs probably got robbed though because I had to turn off the Anthrax song in under a minute.

TBF that Phil Ochs song isn’t that different-sounding from this one, which is one of my favorite songs:

There’s a fine line between schmaltzy good and schmaltzy bad I guess.

And yes I was into this song way before Guardians of the Galaxy blew it up. It was a regional hit in Chicago and St. Louis. I never heard it in KC, but the St. Louis kids in college would play it sometimes.

Btw I wasn’t really trying to trash your song so much as to say if it’s French rap, it better be hardcore gangsta rappers trying to sound scary in the French language - because that always cracks me up.

Hahahahah I honestly get it. The French language is way to sensual to be used in any sort of “aggressive” rap.

Better late than never, I hope. Apologies for that.

Pauwl is opening up a bit of a gap on the rest of the field, as are myself and nano.

R5

2 Likes

@suzzer99, how are the cry tunes going? lol

I guess now that pyat posted the scores I have to get off my butt and start crying.

2 Likes

wow, this one is actually kind of close for 2nd and 3rd.

Once again, I am doubting my choice for this category. I’m ready to rock my non-existent dick in the dirt in the final category, though.

1 Like

Grunching to assume pyat posted this and say that if so we agree on like 3-4 songs now because this song rocks. Maybe it’s Pauwl’s tho

1 Like

I’m listening now while I watch the Chiefs offense look like a monkey fucking a football. So I guess I’m already sad. But mostly annoyed. We’ll see how this goes. I plan to do one listen sober, and then one with a few shots of mescal.

2 Likes

One song out of three so far produced literal goosebumps. But the goosebumps also coincided with an amazing catch by Mecole Hardman, who really needed the confidence boost.

An amazing interception to end the half by Juan Thornhill, who needs the confidence boost even more than Hardman, also elicited brief goosebumps. But I wasn’t even listening to a song at the time. Which means the first song’s goosebumps are now suspect.

Lots of variables at play here. The 9 of you I haven’t judged yet better hope the Chiefs make some good plays in the second half.

1 Like