Suzzerwalrus Reveal Thread

#8 - Soja - Science Fiction (French)

I’m a sucker for aggressive French rap. It just cracks me up hearing them trying to sound all badass in French. But unfortunately this is more like sensitive metrosexual friend-zoned Pajama Boy French rap. ‘Eeeez baguette eez ahhhhhh ‘ow you say? … soft?

Instead of “I’m on a boat motherfucker!” this guy should be singing, “I’m in a bistro, just listening, as she vents about her ex-boyfriend for 6 hours. More coffee motherfucker!”

That last joke stolen from the Kids in the Hall pilot episode:

If anyone’s never seen this pilot. It has half of their best all time skits imo - and it never got replayed.

2 Likes

9th place it is.

Your GTO strategy of picking cheesy standards from our formative years didn’t pay off this time.

1 Like

That was '37 Air Balloon.

1 Like

Neither of my next two are cheesy imo! We’ll see how that goes.

Wat

the embodiment of flaccid is what I was trying to get across

1 Like

Looks like some Filipino variety show. I had the CD from my days of collecting cover songs and I just searched online to see if it was out there.

#7 - dragon ash - shizuka na hibi no kaidan wo (Japanese)

Ok it’s the They Might Be Giants of Japan. Or maybe the Sublime of Japan, but on ludes instead of meth. Or maybe 311. Or Crazy Town. I feel like there’s another band that’s even closer. Not terrible. But kinda slow.

AGHHHH HELP it’s driving me nuts - what song/band does this remind me of? Or did I name them?

Lmao it sounds like a disco rhythm section but the harmonization and voice leading are incredible and the main attraction in this song. Did you not, uh, notice? It’s straight up jazz fusion chords over disco disguised as pop. What a great submission.

1 Like

Let’s take a halftime break to rant about suzzer’s favorite subject - bad UI/UX!

Freaking Spotify. That’s about the 10th time I’ve hit play now on the white button thinking I’m going to play the song that’s taking up most of the screen. But noooooo. I gotta remember about that little song in the corner and the fact that there are two play buttons for two different songs. I originally listened to Solta O Frango thinking it was Science Fiction. Terrible UI.

Yes I get what they are trying to do with the “player” that always stays on the bottom of the screen. But two play buttons is still terribad. Another $500B company that can’t figure out the most basic shit.

2 Likes

Are they the musicians? They don’t look like they can play their instruments.

Sorry I guess I needed $1500 headphones. :crazy_face:

You could have bought the ones on sale for $119 which was the greatest deal of all time. $1500 would you get you the new Sennheiser HD 8XX and a $400 budget for an amp. Would be almost impossible to do better than that and the 8XX have the largest cups of all time. If those don’t fit your ears then none would.

They probably hurt my ears.

Disco sucks, tho.

oh boy, I’m fairly certain that my submission will send micro’s lawnmower to the moon, based on this comment :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok I listened to this again - I don’t care what is going on in the background - the melody, singing, and 80s synth sounds are basically Madonna Borderline, or that Expose song I posted, but less catchy than either.

Nano got 11th and said: BULLSHIT!

2 Likes

It has a tritone substitution. It’s nothing like Madonna.