Suzzerwalrus Reveal Thread

That was the only song I really disliked. The next 7 songs or so could all be middle of the pack in a different category.

I’m feeling nodium here. ugh.

1 Like

Oh, I knew the risks going in. Some people think I have an inherently trollish personality. I’m not good at things catering to other people’s wants because I can’t help being self-indulgent or a prick at times.

1 Like

#11 - Plastic Love - Mariya Takeuchi (Japanese)

I feel bad because this song isn’t terrible. But there’s a big cluster. So I had to honestly ask myself - which song would you least like listening to again. And this won. Also there’s a lot of English in this song. But I guess Japanese qualifies for primary. Kinda meh 80s beat.

Anyway, I liked this song better when it was Expose - Let Me Be the One (which is to say not much):

1 Like

TBF I am so all over the map. You never know I might love mmmm Bop.

Back to the cluster…

I figured I should go more popular-iah with you, but I should have taken a more rock-oriented route.

That language, by the way, was Tagalog.

Ah - I’ve heard plenty of tagalog - it does have a little bit of a baby talk quality.

(ducks)

Tagalog - the foreign language of choice of away from home online poker players.

I’m going to guess you’ve dated someone who spoke it. You should run the song by one of them.

#10 Bonde Do Role - Solta O Frango (Portuguese)

I’m not really sure what’s going on here. But at least it’s pretty short. In the spirit of the song I’ll keep my writeup short. Sounds like a fun song to dance to. Listen to not as much. This song is like cotton candy that instantly dissolves in your mouth, except before they put the flavor in.

My coworker was Pilipino - I got to hear him talking to his wife a lot. And it’s probably the #5 foreign language you hear on the mountain trails in SoCal - behind Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean. Russian is close.

Congrats Imodium! Now back to the cluster

1 Like

Well, no nodium.

Guess I was wrong

I bet Yuv likes my song more than Suzzer.

#9 - Nena - 99 Luftballons (German)

Too lazy to google - isn’t there some weird backstory like this song is about some tragedy or something?

Unfortunately this was not my favorite of the 80s gimmicky hits and it doesn’t seem to be holding up particularly well. Kinda slow and flat 80s mixing. I think this is one they need to go back and spruce up like they did with Der Komisar. But it’s still fairly catchy - it just got caught in the cluster.

Also I ate all the Glasen Fleigen! And I’d do it again! (Old ice cream commercial reference that probably no one will get.)

2 Likes

I also avoided the nodium! I bet mine is coming soon, though.

I am perfectly happy Pauwl-ing this category.

Hey Walri, I’m off the modium this round.

If the curse is in effect I’ll be up next

What is this from? It looks like an SNL skit.