Suzzerwalrus Reveal Thread

I’ve got Foo Fighters as one of the worst “good” bands of all time.

2 Likes

Yeah this one went cattywumpus. I didn’t explain what I had in mind very well.

1 Like

I thought about this some more. I guess I have a high tolerance for breaking the 4th wall, but a low tolerance for winking at the camera.

1 Like

This one was mine.

Tom’s Diner was written well before Luka. (The actor whose death is mentioned is William Holden, who won an Oscar for Stalag 17.) It actually appeared elsewhere before a version of it appeared on Solitude Standing, the same album as Luka.

Here is the original album version.

It’s a capella, so is different from the remix of Tom’s Diner that many are familiar with (and which a decent number people will think of before Luka when asked to name a song by Suzanne Vega.)

I don’t know. The description made sense to me. A song that deviates from what the band commonly plays.

I just assumed half the people were going to submit power ballads.

Here we go, better late than never. Unlike Yuv not to have let us know about his victory. Hope he’s OK.

R4

4 Likes

I’ve got a good feeling about this next category. No way I end up last again :).

1 Like

I am NOT confident in my choice for next category. I’m not exactly sure what I was thinking, actually. It fits, but I’m doubting the Suzzer love.

sigh

1 Like

Well, Dick, here’s the deal: I’m the best there is, plain and simple. I mean, I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence. You know, nobody can hang with my stuff. I’m just a–just a big, hairy, American winning machine. If you ain’t first, you’re last! You know? You know what I mean? That phrase is trademarked and not to be used without the expressed permission of Ricky Bobby, Inc.

2 Likes

I mean, no one watches youtubes that get posted, do they?

Yuv on the you must be this tall to ride big boy rollercoaster.

Definitely a fan of my next pick

Mitski is my favorite musician

3 Likes

Bumping to point out that this song does indeed still suck, it’s just a little more tolerable than their usual dreck.

1 Like

I definitely do not think it’s better than How You Remind Me. Anything Nickelback is going to be FPS because it’s like trying to make moves with a bottom 5% hand.

I have a strong suspicion that a lot of people who ‘hate’ nickelback would kinda enjoy their songs. they are bad in a very ordinary way and it’s just normalized to hate them while liking similarly bad bands

Yeah they’re awfulness is basically a meme that caught on. When I say they are bad, I mean they are a bad “good” band. It’s sort of like being a replacement level player in baseball or whatever, and crooning hipsters aren’t going to make something better in their garages despite what they think. The drummer is really fucking good:

Very excited about the next category. Zero research required. Literally the only way to fuck up is to post a song in Spanish or English.

I feel like my pick is either going to be podium or nodium.