Suzzerwalrus Reveal Thread

#1 - AFI - God Called In Sick Today

I always hated AFI and considered them a whiny wannabe goth emo band. But I always liked this song by them.

I like this song a lot. This will definitely make the iPod.

I love how he just jumps right into the weird screaming, but not over the top obnoxious screamo. And the “woah hoh” chorus while he’s screaming is really fucking sweet. It’s just a very unique song. Unless all AFI songs sound like this - but I listened to a few, and I know I’ve heard them in the past and not been super impressed.

Yeah pretty terrible - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjC4bwuiZ3Y

You gotta admit, if you close your eyes the screaming part sounds kinda like Weezer fronted by the 4 Non-Blondes lead singer, except maybe she has a sore throat and an anaconda is squeezing the life out her while she’s trying to sing.

Congrats whichever sleeping person won this! May your morning shower be golden.

2 Likes

All right I’ll shoot for earlier in the day next time if that works better. We still had most of the participants here at some point but everyone seems a little subdued and ready to get into their jammie jams and go night-night.

Next category should be fun. @Jalfrezi - has @pyatnitski sent you the songs yet? If not please do.

Remember you’re giving the song a score from 1 to 100 based on how much you hate it. 100 is the worst song you ever heard. I’ll do 1 to 100 based on liking the song. Highest score wins.

Oh yeah and commentary is awesome and much appreciated.

Hey, I winnded!

6 Likes

Seahorses was me. They had a few ‘hits’ in the UK back in the day and the guitarist is from The Stone Roses, who are a massive indie band, but I should have realised this could all mean absolutely nothing to people having the misfortune not to be British.

I clear up scores and that once I begin my day’s ‘work’.

I kinda think a “jal thinks” game should be you guessing how much jal would like a song. I also find that option more amusing because you seem to consider Jal’s music taste “hipsterish”

1 Like

Lucky old jalfrezi has the songs. Anyone in the south of the UK will soon hear his tortured cries.

And here’s the official word on round 2. Once again some dreadful scoring to go with the always enjoyable bantz.

R2

2 Likes

I’m listening to this pot of dirge one and only once, and while the cricket is on TV.

6 Likes

So I was old man style wide awake at four o clock this morning, checked out the thread - saw a surprisingly satisfactory score for my entry, was planning a few more caustic comments until mrs swanky bellowed ‘turn that fucking phone off’ *from across the divan

I have to say even though I don’t like either song Nickleback and Yes form a very strong non winning podium pair of suck.

1 Like

Never thought I’d see The Who in this category. Definite wow.

This game sucks balls.

Lol Trolly - what is you thinking baby? Did you really think I wouldn’t like Def Leppard? Would you like to trash Camaros while you’re at it?

Nano and I are too young and hip for suzzer’s old man rock tastes.

6 Likes

I hope the music is less painful than the cricket

1 Like

The good news is you have enough time between “bowls” to listen to and write up several songs.

Balls.

Haven’t summoned the courage to start listening yet - the listings alone makes me feel ill.The cricket’s ok by comparison - I layed the Stokesless and hapless Ingurland batting lineup. All out for 180. Easy money. Come on India (sorry, I know that’s not nakedly racist enough).

There are five “artists” I was hoping never to hear from again. Can I just give them all 100 without listening to them?

The others are artists I’ve never heard of but I’m expecting truly terrible things.

No please do not give them all 100. I’m sure you can find something to like in some of them ;)

Also please send your scores and any comments to pyatnitski. I will do the same. That way your scores can’t influence mine at all. Then either pyatnitski can do the reveal or I will. Or you can if you want.

1 Like

Submitted, in more ways than one.

You or pyat can do the reveal.

I’ve received the work and it does seem like he’s listened to them all. I’m happy to put the reveal together, though depending on when it comes through I may have to pass on the responsibility. Still send me the scores then it’s all above board and I’ll let you know.

Should add that I think the idea was the biggest +ve difference in scores wins, but jal has scored them ‘inversely’, where 100 is the worst. I assume I should do 100 - jal’s score to then do the calculation with yours? (question for @suzzer99)

NICE!