Suzzerwalrus interest thread

Seems like epic is actually the more accurate term for what you’re describing based on the many internet listicles I’ve now looked at for both, not to imply that all epics will be good fits for your category (they won’t), but it appears that even fewer songs that most people consider to be anthems (as opposed to simply anthemic) will fit.

Epics are probably longer and more complex than anthems, which have a lyrical hook that’s easily chanted imo.

Bohemian Rhapsody - epic
We Are The Campions - anthem

Stairway - epic
Rock and Roll - anthem (at least the chorus is)

Who writes songs about fruit?!

(I find these “songs mentioning X” categories close to impossible. So far I’ve thought of exactly one song and I think Suzzer would hate it.

Edit - 2 songs he’d hate!)

I can think of one he probably likes as long as he doesn’t think it’s too slow, and another by the same artist he might like if he doesn’t think it’s too pastoral.

Show off.

:grinning:
After those two I thought “What’s pyat complaining about?” then failed to find more than one or two more (that he might not like anyway).

1 Like

We can always expand it to bands with fruit in their name - there are a lot of those. That was in my original idea but I thought it would be too broad. Does anyone object to this? Has anyone turned in their entries yet besides @Tilted ?

Don’t worry, I’ll get there. I just always find those types hard as I never listen to lyrics or remember song names.

(No one else submitted to me other than Tilted yet)

I updated fruitrock to allow bands with fruit in the name. There are plenty of those.

1 Like

Just when you thought you’d heard everything there was to hear in FRUIT ROCK, suzzer breathes new life into the genre.

3 Likes

Got a banger for the fruit category right away but I have a feeling a dozen other people will pick it.

1 Like

I can think of three songs with fruit in the name right off the top of my head…none of which would I submit because I’m pretty sure suzzer would hate them all.

Remember you can use fruit in the band name now.

1 Like

X-posting for music lovers:

1 Like

I need a short break from this forum. Have microbet text me when all the entries are in and I’ll come back and do the walrus. :heart:

3 Likes

Was any deadline given? I tend to submit things towards the end.

working on mine and oof, category 4 is giving me fits.

Most of the things I come up with are slow/not upbeat songs done by bands that normally rock out…which then fails the “butt move” test.

Nobody spoke up so Sunday it is I suppose.

well, I submitted.

Now is the time when I start thinking of better submissions for every category and start second guessing myself. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Can’t resist doing a bit of admin. I’m @-ing everyone who expressed an interest, even if you have submitted.

The deadline is Sunday (18th July).

The categories are here:

https://unstuckpolitics.com/t/suzzerwalrus-interest-thread/5468/34

And send your entries to me, @pyatnitski. It would be very helpful if you would put the links as preformatted text like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAdC2GtvgRA

(To do that use the GUI or precede the link by a line break and 4 spaces)

@NotBruceZ
@Yuv
@CanadaMatt3004
@Pauwl
@Superuberbob
@nano
@Trolly
@Lawnmower_Man
@Tilted
@microbet
@ChrisV
@Swankywilder