Summer LC thread

New place in in the red circle (don’t want to be overly specific). It’s just a 1000 sq ft downstairs unit.

5 Likes

I believe Seal Beach is the only one anywhere near that allows dogs.

There are a lot of dogs around, and the landlord would allow one. But I’m barely in my 40s and don’t know if I can handle the responsibility.

Some they put you in an open spot, some campgrounds have an honor system where you pay into a box and pick your own camp spot. If you are near a national forest there are usually dispersed camping spots which are free and first come first serve.

2 Likes

Congrats, that sounds like a sick spot!

I also just got a new apartment, getting a two bedroom with a friend I’m going to be staking. We’ve got a view of the skyline, a private (shared with one other apartment) rooftop terrace with a view of the skyline, and an outdoor heated pool and hot tub open year round (it’ll be finished in December), which is unheard of in Philly… And all of the appliances and everything are brand new, high end, etc, and the place was just gut renovated - as in, they’re finishing the renovations this week… So basically brand new. Very excited! We move in at the end of the month. Won’t quite be posting from the sand, but maybe from the hot tub.

4 Likes

I’d check AirBNB and/or try to negotiate with a hotel in your price range to give you a discount for an extended stay. But using Apartments.com, ApartmentFinder.com HotPads.com, Zillow.com, etc, you should be able to have 3-4 places picked out to walk through one day and as long as you like one of them you should be able to move pretty fast.

1 Like

Of course Devil would need a tent, and some equipment for this idea…

While this may seem reasonable on the surface, this basically forces homeless people in the city to trespass in order to find a place to sleep.

I have a Forester and have a platform built in the back so with my Thermarest laid out, I can sleep in my car if necessary.

Sure, but you’re forgetting that we must secure the existence of our people and a future for white Korean Mayan children.

Airbnb looks like a good option. Cheaper than expected. Open to mixing in some camping but surprisingly doesn’t look like a lot nearby. Will have to go to yt “how to camp,” ha. Not used to feeling so clueless.

Thanks, all!

1 Like

That’s not fair but I’m going with it. I’m catching a whole lot of ‘that black panhandler secretly drives a Benz’ vibes.

You’ve always struck me as somebody more left than he thinks he is. Obv I mean this as a good thing.

Camping at a state park is pretty simple. You’ll figure out how to pitch a tent. Salt Lake City? Sounds like the kind of place that doesn’t take kindly to car camping, not in the city limits anyway. Utah is full of camping, rock climbing, hiking hippies though.

Not if there are open beds in the city’s homeless shelter. If the cop is all do you have anywhere to go, you can’t sleep here, let me give you a ride to the homeless shelter that’s one thing. If he drops him off ten miles outside of town and says fuck off that’s another thing, and if he arrests him that’s not good either. So I’d say that vagrancy laws are good laws if there are enough resources devoted to the underlying problem to humanely enforce it. Kind of like how Portugal has good drug laws and the resources to humanely deal with the problem of drugs and USA#1 has terrible drug laws. But drugs aren’t legal in either society.

@Devil

Salt Lake City? There is a nice little campground on the road that runs from Salt Lake through the canyon up to Alta/Snowbird. At least it was nice about 20 years ago when I spent a few days there while rock climbing in the canyon. It’s called Tanners Flat. Not sure if this is close enough to wherever you will be working in Salt Lake?

Go easy on us all…

As British readers absorb the latest ructions in Westminster – whether the ousting of Tory grandees or Jacob Rees-Mogg’s apparently laid-back approach to Commons debates – we would like to hear from readers outside the UK about how their media view the latest developments.

Please send any front pages, comment pieces and editorial approaches that you feel are of note to G_J_Russell.

I just learned a new word. :high_brightness:

1 Like

e-ructions are their online counterparts.

1 Like

Iean I’ve heard ruckus or fracas (The posh version) but never ructions.