Summer LC thread

So…what do you people think about…uh…stuff?

3 Likes

It’s Saturday morning somewhere.

I’m still going to wait until morning of the 27th my time before doing the final rebuild/domain change, but all forums are currently open for poasting.

Maybe having proboards go down (again) right after I made the switch will help with the migration.

Why did my post get edited? Should we not be posting gifs like that?

Also, I should cross-post this here:

When I go to www.unstuckpolitics.com, I get an error:

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to www.unstuckpolitics.com. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

When I take out the “www” and just do unstuckpolitics.com, I don’t get this error.

I don’t really know why this might be happening, but it seems like a problem.

It was a system edit. It automatically downloads pics from links to the local server. You can post pics in whatever way works best for you and the software should figure out how to make it work.

Should work. Definitely just an issue with the sub domain.

Wanted to say hi to all of you who did all the work. Much appreciated. Been MIA due to real life but efforts are greatly appreciated.

Let us discourse.

1 Like

Yo. I am going to do what I can to help get things going, but this time I don’t want to be the highest volume poster. So, y’all post a lot!

This is my first time on discourse on my phone. So far so great.

Oh haven’t tried on phone, normally do it on tablet.

As going to start trump thread but I don’t like starting threads. I think my thread start to post count over my life is over 10000 to 1.

https://twitter.com/richardgaisford/status/1155028644965826560

This thread is amazing. Especially since it was kicked off because someone wanted a cruise with “no fancy dress” and someone dressed as a clown triggered them.

Perhaps I don’t understand what “fancy dress” means in the queens English.

DRAG HIM

https://twitter.com/aoc/status/1154932812631486464?s=21

“Fancy dress” is like a costume party so a clown would definitely piss someone off.

Ah okay. Was freaking me out for a second. I thought I missed many opportunities to dress like a clown.

[Guatemalan U-15 soccer team has visas denied]

So we just denying kids the ability to come to the US to play in a soccer tournament.

Denials happen but it’s a couple, they denied the entire Guatemalan under 15 team.

Who does this serve besides the racists?

I’ve never considered adding a “no fancy dress” clause to my engagements but I’ll definitely be adding it to my range going forward

1 Like

we are here now?

3 Likes

What a trip. For a for a long time my favorite bit of Washington DC trivia has been this Chinese restaurant where the Lincoln assassins stayed. There’s a little plaque on the wall but otherwise you’d never know. I’ve always wanted to eat there but they don’t have a weekend lunch menu.

https://twitter.com/jbillinson/status/1154893863007510539?s=21

1 Like