Summer LC thread

a GOP house member quits to spend more time with the family and it seems he might not actually be lying about that like every other instance of history of some dude claiming this–but then I see his wife works for fox news so…

2 Likes

Let me stop you right there… My tweet was to trigger the MAGA crowd, not to suggest CK > Brissett for the 2019 Indianapolis Colts. Maybe if he had a shot to compete with him from the start of camp, he’d be better, but it’s likely too late.

I don’t know if I agree about Kap making the right financial decision. There are too many unknown factors to assess it properly, but if you simply asked me which way he could have made more money, I’d say playing football and it’s not even close. But props to him for placing morality and principle above money.

Giving up your Cadillac gubmint insurance when your kid is sick seems suboptimal

In fairness the number I heard tossed around on the Nike Deal was 25M. That’s not bad for a guy who would have never gotten a long/big contract. No NFL team is trying to make a big long term commitment to the 20th-30th best QB in the NFL unless he just had an anomalously good year.

Again just to be clear I’m still 100% on the side of him having done the right thing for the right reasons. Far be it from me to suggest someone is somehow less than for having understood the costs and benefits of a decision before he made it.

Ehh, teams are always spending big on quarterbacks. Kaepernick’s floor was probably like 80 million in earnings over the next six or seven years.

If that’s the number then yeah… big big hit and I’m glad he’s getting as much as he got.

teddy bridgewater is making 7.25 million this year to hold a clipboard. that seems like it would be in the area for kaep salary predictions.

ftr- im on the Kaep was a top 20 qb(lower end) in a league that employs 100 or so…

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/901265354734874624

Two years to the day.

Everybody was behind that O-line.

Enjoy before Trump Appointee Judge Fuckstick reduces the award to $7.99 and a stern warning

And a wife named Karen who would like to speak to the manager.

2 Likes

That was 700 goldfish memory spans ago.

1 Like

FEC vice chair resigns so it’s effectively shut down. Oh that’s the federal election commission.

why bother investigating trump and not charging him with anything when you don’t have to investigate in the first place

https://twitter.com/SarahNevada1/status/1165981038687817728

To be fair to him he really takes that no birth control thing seriously as it’s his 9th kid and his wife is 47. Oh yeah he was on real world Boston and her real world San Francisco.

J&J stock is going up after the decision already anyway. oklahoma was asking for 17.5 billion. huge spike after the decision came down…

I don’t even know who the Congressperson you’re talking about is, but I’m gonna guess it’s the guy married to Rachel, who came from meager beginnings. :/

1 Like

These organizations pay almost nothing when they lose a case. It’s just the cost of doing business with the profits they’re raking.

Publicly executing them would probably stop the opioid epidemic from getting worse though.

Oof. I really have no idea what could be going on in the head of anyone who would say that to a coworker about another coworker. It would be very hard for me to take a coworker who said much less sent this to me’s judgement seriously. If they are being such an incredibly large fuck up about this what else are they fucking up? It’s like the director of PR for some big company I forget who couldn’t stop saying the n word in discussions about race. Dude if you don’t understand that this word shouldn’t be in your vocabulary maybe you shouldn’t be the head of PR for a large corporation? (He literally got fired because he used the word in a discussion with HR about how he shouldn’t use the word… if that isn’t failing an IQ test I don’t know what is)

Like these people act like they are getting fucked for ‘being politically incorrect’ when really they are getting fucked for being idiots. Your. Judgement. Is. Obviously. Unsound. You. Moron.

Same old story. Put people in jail or it’s all a total waste of time.