Summer LC thread

Cliffs: donk bet more and don’t limp.

I see I reposted your food post. Probably got it from you in the first place, but then saw the follow up.

If I knew there were a 50k guaranteed tourney I would have definitely done that. Anything similar in LA in the next month? If there a good source for that sort of thing?

As it was, I made $400 at pai gow and 3 card poker. Total fish games, but sometimes fish get lucky.

1 Like

He bristles at the suggestion that he might have just traded one substance — alcohol — for another — marijuana.

“No, because it’s a plant,” he said.

Don’t tell this guy about opium

1 Like

https://twitter.com/FourVerts/status/1165497350443405313

I played against one of these guys yesterday. WSOP cap with American flag, wrap around driving shades on the bill of the hat.

He seemed fairly normal until he limped AA UTG, got cracked by the small blind, then started berating the guy. Then he shoved over limpers next hand, then called a shove with JTo the next hand.

He was FED UP with this bullshit.

[quote=“suzzer99, post:1372, topic:41”]
I played against one of these guys yesterday. WSOP cap with American flag, wrap around driving shades on the bill of the hat. [/quote]

How could you tell? I see 20 pics of the same guy, who would almost always play that way.

1 Like

Why are they almost all taking selfies in their car?

1 Like

I honestly think posting car selfies on social media is the most reliable “this person is a complete fucking idiot” tells going right now.

1 Like

More and more every day I feel like life is one long sketch comedy routine and I’m just not getting the jokes.

Idk what that tweet means, what it has to do with Andrew Luck’s retirement, or millennials, or limping with AA utg

1 Like

The joke is basically that any dipshit from that picture could tweet about Andrew Luck being a soft, entitled millenial for retiring at 29, because they all have the middle aged white douche avatar of glasses (and some hats) inside a car.

Andrew Luck is probably being smart here. He’s got enough money. He’s probably already going to be in some level of pain for the rest of his life (like every former NFL player I’d imagine).

My hot take is that the sports leagues probably would prefer that players NOT become financially literate, even if it means they go bankrupt a few years after their career ends, because of this exact situation.

Ideally the players would find a way to go bankrupt during their career so they’re forced to stick around selling jerseys and shit far past their prime.

I thought the MAGA chuds were all protesting football anyways.

The problem with that take is that Colin Kaepernick was a replacement level QB… which is why the league was able to make an example of him. If he was a top 5 QB some owner would have wanted to win more than they wanted to make a statement.

Honestly from a financial perspective CK made the right choice kneeling even if it 100% guaranteed he’d never play again (which is in some ways that the Andrew Luck situation illustrates a positive). The Nike shoe deal almost certainly made him whole and then some.

I say this as someone who 100% supports the kneeling. CK is not a stupid person in any way shape or form and was actually the perfect person to start this.

CK wan’t replacement level. I think he was hugging the lower end of top 10, but I haven’t paid much attention to football since 2015.

1 Like

He always seemed like an elite QB from what I saw of him

1 Like

Although I’m a Packer fan so there might be some selection bias there

1 Like

At around the 6 minute mark they rattle off a list of worse QBs who somehow managed to get jobs starting after Kaep couldn’t.

Kap was like a top 30 starter, he was somewhere in that 20-30 range.