Summer LC thread

I wouldn’t think that was possible, as that’s like what 3/4 ounces a day :face_with_thermometer:

What’s the name of the software this site runs on? Chiefsplanet is having a discussion about their crappy slow software (vbulletin).

Discourse.

Tell them this is their Safespace

I will always quote for you.

1 Like

Come vote/discuss twitter banner, site branding, Twitter banner, brand identity, poll #1 (please read OP before voting), every vote counts, unless your IP is from Georgia (the country)

read that like Whitney Houston singing obv

1 Like

:astonished:

false

qft

This is much crappier…

Than this.

Although I do like on 2p2 that you can multi-quote if you do it manually. So if you really need to multi-quote something, the option is there.

I imagine it comes down to subjective forum taste. I think the quote layers quickly provide more context for the readers and the scrollers. (‘oh they’re still arguing’ * scrollllll *)

Because it’s not really constructive, at least not when directed at the admins. We didn’t write the forum software, we installed it. If somebody wants to code up a custom plugin to add a reply with quote button, have at it. Because as a non-programmer who has not been (and possibly never will be) paid anything for the significant time I’ve already put into this, that’s a pretty big ask.

There isn’t perfect forum software. There isn’t a UI that’s going to make everybody happy. I know there are some things some people don’t like. There are some things I don’t like. But of all the available open source options out there, I believe the one we’ve ended up with is by far the superior choice. I will continue to do what I can to make the forum function better for the community, but there are significant limits to what’s possible with the people and budget we have to work with.

4 Likes

alright, how much do you think it will cost to hire someone to come in and fix it?

idk, maybe you can look into that for us. I can promise you the exact same pay scale for your time that I receive.

1 Like

is all the donated money gone? why is it so crazy to suggest we hire a professional to solve an extra tricky problem?

It’s not crazy. Build the community consensus necessary to spend the required funds and the task will be done.

you’re saying you never even looked in to what it would cost to bring in an outside professional? do you feel the mobile software is complete at this point?

Try complaining here instead of the Politics Topics forum

Ask Sam the cofounder whatever became of

I didn’t know any of that. When you talk about building the HTML, I figured you guys were customizing the hell out of this thing.

The extra quote button thing isn’t a big deal now that I know to do it. But if a bunch of people don’t do it, then it’s still hard sometimes to tell which posts they’re replying to. They’ll probably learn to disambiguate better over time.