Summer LC thread

Man, some of you whine like the forum came with wood paneling.

3 Likes

Need for instructions in any GUI is bad design.

1 Like

I do like it as I said many times. It’s great - pasting images, partial quote is easy, no pages and live update is amazing, extrapolating links is awesome, etc. etc. vBulletin sites feel like crap now.

I just think it should have a quote button next to Reply - which functions exactly like this one (quote post in one click, single level deep).

3 Likes

i think the guys running our software rn know the issue, they just don’t know how to resolve it. maybe they should talk to suzzer in email, since he’s a computer guy, he might know what to do, and if they can’t figure it out together then use some of the donor money to hire someone who can.

zikzak knows as much as I do I think.

Just offering an idea about the quote button because sometimes it’s hard to tell which post people are replying to.

Again - THE NEW FORUM SOFTWARE IS AMAZING. Not sure why everyone is so sensitive about any constructive criticism of one thing I think could be better.

2 Likes

Yeah I gotta say for the fifth time or so… the forum software is incredible. That shouldn’t prevent us from giving feedback though. I know the people who were competent enough to do it this well the first time didn’t get that competent by hating constructive feedback.

It’s mostly because if idiots used it properly it wouldn’t be a problem.

I am AGAINST the stupid, clunky separate quote button, and highly appreciate zikzak’s elegant, Ivean design that is clearly superior. Bet you all use a Samsung Galaxy I, terrified of the tiniest change, lol.

1 Like

Maybe if this wasn’t the 20th time someone’s complained and we’ve had this whole discussion it wouldn’t be so annoying

If you don’t want to read the forum, getting rid of quotes in posts makes sense. It’s a more elegant way to scroll by a bunch of posts without reading them, for sure.

I save my speed-scrolling for posters with half-naked women as avatars

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1161355879633051648

https://twitter.com/iproposethis/status/1161130456286289920

No one is asking you to defend the software design. No one is attacking you or the work you’ve done.

1 Like

The incels found that thread and the comments are basically: 1) this is what drives kids to be nazis or 2) this is because white men are constantly under attack or 3) shut up you insufferable jew snowflake.

Awesome.

We should just go back to this

2 Likes

1 Like

Isn’t the SDNY guy the Trump admin equivalent of Maurice Levy?

I mean, there’s literally a thread for that (and I’m told it isn’t this one)

This seems dubious. He’s probably smoking a lot but there’s no way he’s spending this much unless he’s just bragging about getting ripped off