Summer LC thread

On the other hand, the fact that he was happy to vote for the tax cut and blow up the deficit, only to block the funding for 9/11 first responders because OMG the deficit deserves a special level of anger and dislike.

But, you know, trying to rank which Congressional Republicans we dislike the most and why does not leave us lacking for options.

Yeah, they pretty much all suck. I do generally think war is incredibly underrated in terms of importance. Even the sanctions alone are causing massive suffering in Iran. It’s really despicable. Sanctions and support for the war in Yemen and military expenditures…really it’s hard to say anything the government does anywhere causes anywhere near as much suffering and the Democrats don’t much talk about it because many of them - like Dianne Feinstein - are as hawkish as most Republicans.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/tvietor08/status/1158593189898440704?s=21

OMG!! Thats horrific

1 Like

2 Likes

African or European?

I’ve spent the last two days reading about Navy life. I have no idea why but it fascinates me. If I had it to do over I’d go Navy > Army even though I feel certain that I would detest life at sea

What are you reading? I remember you talking about possibly taking up the Master and Commander series, which I’ve always had in the back of my mind. I’m a huge fan of the movie and still bitter they never made any more of those.

My dad (navy vet) read them all and loved them. He usually has good taste.

@suzzer99 looks like ya boi patty from chiefsplanet has found Well Named’s forum. Wonder if the rest of the cp gang are going to migrate over there.

1 Like

FWIW I actually really like it now that I’m used to it. The chatroom feel is actually a sizable positive.

Just online articles. I find that the ones @ .mil domains make it sound much easier than the ones that don’t heh

I just ordered the first two M & C books. There are like 20 of them in all I think

That dude isn’t even a chiefs fan. I think he might be a professional troll.

I’m a little worried @microbet is gonna go batty trying to argue with him. That guy’s capacity for dishonesty is phoenomenal.

I have a lot of procrastinating to do.

1 Like

Not just over the top

EDIT: Your purported naivety is so extreme, it brings into question your motives and authenticity.

“New poster” who registered 3 weeks ago is calling other people out for being new.

Republican Representative Devin Nunes is suing his constituents – and one of his 2020 challengers is helping pay their legal fees.

Phil Arballo, one of the Democrats challenging Nunes for his seat in 2020, said his campaign will help raise money for their legal defense fund.

“The central valley is my home. I am a constituent of this district so I am very troubled that a representative would sue his own constituents,” Arballo said in an interview.

In a press conference, the Democratic hopeful went further, calling Nunes “unhinged”. The decision to bring this lawsuit, Arballo said, was evidence that the Republican is “dishonest, unethical, lacks integrity, and is unfit to serve as a United States Congressman representing this District.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/PhilArballo2020/status/1157712126351306753?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-16777664002528638452.ampproject.net%2F1907231757120%2Fframe.html