Summer LC thread

To be fair their foundations are ancient. I came from a bbs background and I missed the forum type community when shifting to the internet. Things like web board were not good. But the current phpbb/ vbulletin basis has started when the public internet as we know it was much less than a decade old. We are talking about an engine that is nearing 20 years old with no underlying fundamental restructuring. I have a deep fondness for bbs type software, it’s in my dna. But the world needed to move forward and I think social media killed any chance of a ground up rebuild for phpbb and the like.

I was a tad disappointed with it. And that was pre Katrina. I think for me most of the issue was I wanted more blues and less jazz, but I did really love zydeco and spent many nights watching a few different bands. The food was great and we did explore all over. Bourbon street was the worst part of it imo. There was also an amazing D Day museum.

Been a while since I did any maths. Can anyone help with a problem? I need to solve an equation that has recursion, ie the total cost of a product includes a % royalty and I want to target a margin %, so the equation is

(base cost + (price * royalty %)) * margin = price

I know the base cost the royalty % and the desired margin but that isn’t doesn’t seem like enough information to solve the equation. Is there a way to get a generalised result instead of just iterating every possible price until you reach the correct margin?

I may add a honk Kong protest thread later when I have the time…

Edit: removed post as A separate thread is being asked for…

See previous posts…

definitely don’t go to new orleans then

See previous post…

Kentucky keeps delivering the feebleness

https://twitter.com/randpaul/status/1158346607542362112?s=21

Awesome gig being able to take off a month for a fractured rib that happened more than a year ago

2 Likes

15K people :heart: Rand Paul’s lung damage.

Congress recesses in August every year so this is Rand Paul being a true patriot and waiting to have followup surgery until he already has the time off work. They’re not due back in session until September 9th.

1 Like

Here’s hoping both rand and mitch are in a stable condition soon…

1 Like

The third paragraph sounds a lot like my experience.

And I don’t remember specifically where I ate, but the food was really good.

Still, with so many great places in the world that I’ve never been and others that I would love to return to, I don’t think that I’ll be going there again anytime soon.

Could just be variance. I was in Venice in August. I’ve been to New Orleans twice - once in the winter and once in the spring. I liked New Orleans.

Rand Paul is a god damned buffoon but he’s basically Borodog with power. Super annoying for sure, and a terrible guy (and stupid). But not even in Mitch’s universe. Mitch is like “bad guy from Schindlers List” evil.

Rand Paul sucks, but if a someone can come up with a list of 5 Republicans they hate less than Rand Paul in Congress, I’d like to see that list.

Come on my man.

(b+pr)m=p
bm+prm=p
bm=p-prm
bm=p(1-rm)
p=bm/(1-rm)

Dumped by Cloudflare, 8chan gets back online—then gets kicked off again

So 8chans new host - BitMitigate - in turn gets dumped by it’s host - and takes the Daily Stormer (also at BitMitigate ) with it :rofl:

6 Likes

You hate to see it.

1 Like