Summer LC thread

yes
yes you are

Lol, clearly… Great circular citation there from nunnehi, the foremost authority on election rigging.

(And I think there’s like a 99% chance very shady shit went down in Georgia, don’t get me wrong. When they wiped the data as soon as they were asked for it, that was a pretty big tell. The way you cited your speculation and opinion as clear fact just had to be pointed out.)

2 Likes

Maybe if you switch the 95/5 around. I mean it’s kind of peak America 2019, and in that way it’s hard to deny the macabre humor.

On the other hand, what kind of a sick fuck even comes up with that scheme to make money? Trump must be kicking himself for missing out on that con.

And who knew that taxpayer dollars were going to buy corpses to blow them up for military testing?

I’m looking at it as fact because it happened. Simple as that. Is there anything you don’t attack me on?

And I’m glad you’ve changed your mind on what the Yay vote on tabling the Al Green resolution meant. Oh wait, that will never happen.

And of course the owner of the company which sold the body to be blown up is Stephen Gore…

best tacos i’ve had are easily South Philly Barbacoa, they’ve been on a few netflix shows. Amazing people too.

edit: apparently she was nominated for some international award, p cool Cristina Martinez of South Philly Barbacoa is nominated for an international award

Yeah idk, I get that it’s an awful thing to happen. I have a generally macabre sense of humour. There’s an undeniable dark poetry of USA 2019 to a family from Arizona having their grandma blown up by the US military as a result of some guy’s grift. I also tend to think that our preciousness around death and ideas around the sanctity of bodies are detrimental, so to me there’s also a humour along the lines of poking fun at religious beliefs. But obviously I understand it would be traumatic for the family and think those involved should be prosecuted. It probably doesn’t make a top 10,000 list of the worst things done by the US military in the last decade though.

1 Like

Hello.

Regards,

—jman220

10 Likes

jman

1 Like

Thought this was an interesting read:

https://twitter.com/atlblog/status/1157401032793702400?s=21

1 Like

I listened to a podcast about her, didn’t realize she was that famous. It’s in Spanish but can be found on youtube with English subtitles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6_mtwkeIkg&list=PLIsWuqSba1BvlBA3V7q7hzu0cGbZDdnCD

Well worth the read.

https://twitter.com/Liz_Cheney/status/1156515560441749504

What a total fucking scumbag.

2 Likes

Speaking of scumbags, my fucking god this Alan Dershowitz article. I needed a shower a quarter of the way in.

1 Like

Whatever city Liz Cheney lives in.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/tweetedtimes/status/1156197271651934208

1 Like

Police in Moscow have detained a leading opposition figure as she was heading to an unauthorised rally protesting against the exclusion of independent and opposition candidates from the Moscow city council election.

Lyubov Sobol, who is one of the aspirants rejected from the ballot, was detained on Saturday in central Moscow and taken away in a police van.

The rally attempt comes a week after police detained nearly 1,400 protesters, beating some of them with truncheons.

Despite repeated warnings that police would take active measures against a protest on Saturday, activists aim to hold a march for about two and a half miles along the Boulevard Ring that circles central Moscow.

Iran will take another step to reduce its compliance with a landmark 2015 nuclear deal, the Iranian foreign minister, Mohammad Javad Zarif, said on Saturday, according to parliamentary news agency Icana.

Iran has repeatedly said it will reduce its commitment to the nuclear accord in stages and may even withdraw from the pact altogether unless the remaining signatories find ways to shield its economy from US sanctions. Washington pulled out of the deal last year.

Murdered children are no longer news. International media coverage of the war in Afghanistan, where child deaths reached an all-time high last year, is sporadic at best. In Yemen it is estimated that at least 85,000 under-fives have died of starvation since 2015, a figure that numbs the mind. In Syria, especially, it is hard to keep count because children are being killed almost every day – and who is really counting?

Harrowing images briefly capture public attention. One of the more recent showed five-year-old Riham struggling amid the rubble of her bombed home in Ariha, in Syria’s north-western Idlib province, to save her baby sister, Tuqa. Riham died later in hospital along with her mother and another sister. Thanks to her efforts, and White Helmet rescuers, Tuqa survived.

I wonder if backing out of the Iran deal and reimposing sanctions is good for the children of Iran.